International Cafe

Bluebeary

They have added more salad choices and the menu rotates on a three day cycle or so. If there is a salad that looks good, order it that day because you might not see it for another three days :eek:

They told me in January they were testing different things so we should not expect it to be the same each day.

No problem. There were still lots of tasty things and some of the new things were winners. :)

LuLu

They have added more salad choices and the menu rotates on a three day cycle or so. If there is a salad that looks good, order it that day because you might not see it for another three days :eek:

I guess I didn't realize that. Hmmm...that explains the lack of shrimp salad a couple of times.

Verydisappointing on the Grand

Pastry. items were dried out. Fruit tarts had zero flavor on day one

They were OLD. Orzo pasta salad flavorless. All three of us were in agreement

Fruit tarts greatly improved on day 5

Too much emphasis on whipped-cream cakes. Fewer items available than in 2011, 2010 (when we last sailed Princess)

Soups were good, however, and the bread was good. Greek salad was so-so

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Over the past 5 or 6 years IMO Princess has done a lot of dumb things which I have been quite vocal about in this forum. However, I must say they have hit a huge home run with the International Café concept. They are a wonderful venue and frankly I have no one favourite item, everything has been good.

good soups, quiches, sandwiches, desserts, cheeses, donuts, cookies, yummmm. oh my goodness, how am I ever going to make it through the next 6 weeks having to cook for myself?!

Don't forget the cronuts (croissant-doughnut)........yummy :D

The IC is why we usually book a Plaza deck cabin....it's just steps away :)

Love,love,love the IC!

I have to admit, befiore I did my Princess cruise last year I kept reading about this amazing International Cafe.

I had to check it out the first day. I thought "WHAT are they going on about?" It didn't look like anything special. :confused:

Haha! I soon realised why it was so great. I went there every day. My favourite was having hot chocolate (and maybe a little cake) before retiring to bed.:D

A lady came up to me halfway through the cruise and asked if you had to pay for the food. I told her no, but don't spread the word. LOL It was starting to get crowded.

I did miss it on my cruises in July. Might have to book another Princess cruise.

Edited by sayaguru

My husband swear the tuna sandwiches are second to none and I was thrilled the day I found really good pavlova's at the IC. That is a favorite place of ours and it is the first time we will enjoy it on our favorite Sapphire Princess.. in just a few days now!!!

I'd like to know as well, as to date I've not enjoyed any. I've developed a real taste for it after our Italy cruise.

Maybe I'll have to wait until our Royal cruise in 2016 :rolleyes:

On the Royal, Gelato was available with the coffee card.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of their chicken panini. I often will skip the dining room for dinner if I had a big lunch and just have one of those for my dinner instead. I do remember that there was one sailing on the Golden where the chocolate doughnuts were divine. It got so bad that I was having one every morning -- and the very sweet gentleman behind the counter knew it because each morning he would say -- with a grin -- when he saw me, "Chocolate doughnut madam?"

Thankfully (for my waistline) I have never found the doughnut to be as good on other sailings, and have been one and done. I am terrified of trying the cronut on my upcoming sailing though. If it is as good as some I've had in the past I may be back on the doughnut a day diet.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

That's true only on the Royal and the Regal where Gelato is not at the IC, but in a separate gelato shop.

I wonder why the difference, where they will not let you use the coffee card for payment for gelato on the other ships.:confused:

They are already taking the coffee card for coffee, why not for gelato??? On say the Crown?????