fellow RCL'ers another possible Eastcoast CruisePort with NO bridge restrictions.....

We cruised out of Norfolk several times and it was hassle-free and so much easier than dealing with the northern Virginia traffic. I like NoVA, but the traffic up there is nerve-wracking.

There really needs to be a media campaign to get more cruise ships back to Norfolk. I work in public broadcasting - maybe I can think of something to get the ball rolling.

You an even take Amtrak to Norfolk now. Norfolk would be a sane homeport for cruise ships. Solomons island is not!

I've never understood why Norfolk hasn't worked as a cruise port.

Only thing I could see is Balto is closer to bigger metro areas.

But talk about a beautiful multi million dollar facility, a fun, cool city for pre/post cruise, and simple /quick access to the ocean. It doesn't make any sense.

RCI/Celeb have been the only lines to base a ship there. Sailing weekly out of there, They dropped it. but no one else has even looked at it, and it's such a great port.

Then again I don't understand why Carnival does so well in Nola and RCI doesn't.

Weird weird weird.