Vision of the seas 8/28 review

lusochic

$100/nt ... Is that for an interior room???

Well I guess............I was being generous.

This was a last minute/ last minute decision cruise....We had some friends and those from past cruises that were on this sailing so we did not care where the room was. We paid $47pp per night for a large interior cabin. It was just fine, actually clean and wonderful! The room steward was very pleasant and attentive. In fact I left my belt in the cabin and he found us and gave it to me....Such service!

Nothing is absolutely perfect........THe good found on this cruise far far out weighed any negatives.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

WOW! Quite a scathing review...

WE were on this same ship and on the same date.

I have lost count after 40 cruises on RCi and this was our first Vision Cruise.

I thought the ship was fabulous ! Service was great too. Water glasses never went empty. Although we have CL privileges, we still purchased the premium drink package and thoroughly enjoyed the bar service too. Both in the CL and everywhere

Your fussing about bread not being warm and the color of the cabinetry is telling.

So sorry for being a RCI cheerleader and sorry for impugning your review. Your wise to let RCI go and perhaps the 6 star cruise lines will be better able to meet your expectations. BUt of course you will not be paying anywhere near under a $100 a night as you m0st likely paid to sail the VOS. good luck

Same here, we were on the same sailing/ship. Wrote my review. We thought everything was fabulous and cannot wait to go back on Sept 20th. Bartenders/waiters were wonderful, greeted me by name every time I asked for a drink. Food was very good, and they ordered me some special curry dish since I don't eat meat. We have nothing but great things to say

As far as the cabin - yeah I guess the furniture was an older color but honestly not something I pay attention to. It had drawers, cabinets, and shelves and that is all that matters to me.

Sorry the OP did not have the wonderful time the rest of us did. Everyone we talked to on the ship (and it was a lot of people-lol) thought it was great.

I shared this on a different thread but bc our feelings were so similar I wanted to chime in here also. I sailed with you on the vision this past weekend, and I can honestly say I was underwhelmed with Royal. I am so excited to be back on Carnival in October. We had not sailed with Royal for about 12 years. I expected to be impressed in positive way but was disappointed instead. I do agree that the ship was clean and well maintained! Had to ask the cabin steward three times for an ice bucket and one evening we came back after dinner before the show and I laid down bc I had a headache and imagine my surprise when he walked right in the cabin without knocking. I imagine he probably had just left and didn't see us come down the hall so he assumed it was still empty but I don't know who was more surprised him or us. Lol. The food was fair. My prime rib the first night was tough and bland, the cabin steward, and waiters in the dining room never learned or used our names, we could never find a bartender around the pool deck or before the shows to order drinks, the windjammer was small with very little selections and most annoying was that they were constantly picking on carnival. The comedians were funny and you do kind of expect that but worst of all was the cruise director!! I can honestly say I have never heard carnival or ncl degrade another cruiseline. Seemed a Little low class to me. I did love the entertainment on royal. We only had the dancers one night and we did enjoy the comedian, juggler, and singer the rest of the nights. I missed the love and marriage show, only got two towel animals and seeing the waiters sing in the dining room. Also, I had designated when I booked that the day we boarded was my hubby's 40th and they never sang or even mentioned it. Overall it was a very nice cruise and we had an awesome time, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations. I also felt like our waiter spent way to much time trying to prep us for the survey. He kept saying only a 10 will do, what would you like me to do to ensure that your experience is a 10. There are things that I like and dislike about all of the cruises I have been on but in my opinion the food and service on carnival far exceeded what we experienced his weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

To the OP.....thanks for your thoughts on YOUR cruise experience.....their are lots of servers and room attendants and bar tenders. So of course experiences will be different......it would be great if the boards played nice and stopped snarky comments!!!! (Only my opinion.....)

I wish you well!!!!

I had designated when I booked that the day we boarded was my hubby's 40th and they never sang or even mentioned it.

Your post actually reminded me that I neglected to mention in my original post, that I had called Royal Carribean ahead to request anniversary celebrations (our 10th and my in-laws 40th). It is stated on our booking confirmation for the two different nights we were in the main dining room, but never happened for either of us.

Edited by lusochic
typo

LUSOCHIC

Just though I'd let you know that I had a similar experience with the Vision's food and service.

You have learned that alot of RCL posters only like to read positive reviews and you are now seen as one of the "complainers". But, your review gave the good with the bad. Well done.

... Every review isn't going to be, Wow, best cruise of my life...

LUSOCHIC,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I was on the Vision for the 10-day cruise immediately before yours. I would normally do a review, but decided not to do one for this cruise, because there were too many negative experiences to report.

Regarding lunch in the Windjammer, the hot entrees were the worst I have ever encountered (25 cruises, 6 different cruise lines). The selections were limited (to four most days), of poor flavor/taste, and not appealing at all. Soups were disgusting. If not for salads, hamburgers and hotdogs, and desserts, I would not have eaten. The Vision set a new low standard for hot entrees in a buffet.

Dinner in the dining room was a better experience, but only due to friendly and very experienced waiter, who could recommend the better dishes and who knew how to select the dinners that were not dried out under the warmers. Main dishes were generally still mediocre, but desserts were very good to excellent.

For me, the WOW was definitely missing on the Vision. After sailing on the newer Allure and the Breeze, I wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed, and was content to make the best of a rather unexceptional cruise.

P.S. my wife was given a coffee cup with lipstick stains in the main dining room. Stuff happens.

LUSOCHIC

alot of RCL posters only like to read positive reviews and you are now seen as one of the "complainers".

I have learned that there are definitely loyalists who won't even consider the perspective being presented, and will rudely dismiss any information being presented that they don't like.

We will be sailing on a 7day in November-December. all reviews are important, and I appreciate them all. It is easy to see through the lines of honest reporting, loyalty remarks, and a person can pretty much see what they will need to know about the ship. We are looking forward to a wonderful cruise, we have actually loved all our cruises we've been on, we looked forward to them all, had good happy attitudes throughout the cruise days wherever went or ate at. We don't look for the bad, but sure see the good. Its vacation and not much should interrupt the fun of it unless you are looking for fault all the time. I think people that do reviews are going in looking for faults. and you know how it usually goes, we remember the faults more than the good, its human nature to be like that. But if everyone would go on a vacation and be more accepting of what you chose, remember you chose this...then everyone would have a better time. :) Vision here we come, we chose you, and are going to have a fabulous time :):)

We're on Vision next March and hope that everything is excellent like every other Royal Caribbean cruise we've taken. I'm a bit worried about all of the negatives written about this ship but hopefully that won't be our experience.

Not meaning to bash any cruise line but it can't be worse than our one and only Carnival Cruise when everything but our room and ports of call were just horrible.

I have learned that there are definitely loyalists who won't even consider the perspective being presented, and will rudely dismiss any information being presented that they don't like.

OH poor guy...................... and now you have been victimized further by folk on this thread that do not share your opinion.:(

But Really I think there has been a descent mix of pros and cons for VOS.

You have expressed your VOs experience here and youre not wrong:).. it was your experience.:).............but so have others... and they are not wrong either.:)

I was on the same cruise 8/28. The cruise director was awesome, providing lots of energetic fun. The comedian was hilarious. We had an outside cabin and it was clean and everything was in working order. The cabin service was good. I agree with lusochic that the bar servers did not seem happy or friendly. This was also the case with some of the guest services staff (no smiles). Cookies and smoked salmon are now in Park Cafe and not available in Windjammer. We went to all of the specialty restaurants. The food was very good and service was friendly and attentive. It took a long time to get our food in Izumi, but the server and host were appologetic.

I should add that we had some difficulty getting our Diamond level benefits on this cruise. We had to ask for bathrobes several times until they finally arrived after dinner on day 2. We never got any Chef's Choice Gift (usually get chocolate covered strawberries). We did not get priority disembarkation luggage tags and the guest relations staff told us that we were unable to get them. We went back later after shift change and were able to get them from a different desk agent.

On a positive note, we went to Giovanni's Table on my husband's birthday and they did recognize it with a candle and song. I don't know if they would have picked up on it from the booking, but I mentioned the birthday to the waiter. We went to Chops for my birthday back in April and the waiter did pick up on it from the computer. Specialty dining was much busier this cruise, perhaps because they were pushing the dining discount package more.

Edited by royalcruz