Cruise Care insurance changes per administrators of plan

39august

I have just clarified with Berkley, administrator of Cruise Care, that the ONLY qualification of retaining independently booked air fare coverage is that you BOOKED your cruise prior to June 2, 2014 and are sailing up thru the end of 2015. I have seen comments that RCI agents have given false information regarding this, telling people they had to have already purchased the insurance before June 2; someone posted that they were told airfare had to be booked before June 2; another person has been told the cruise had to be paid in full by June 2. Those statements are not correct. The agent I spoke with at Berkley said RCI customer service reps should not be answering questions about an insurance policy as they are not insurance agents. By all means, if you have questions about independent air coverage, call Berkley at 1-800-453-4022

That's not exactly what is supplied on the RCI website under Cruise Care and what I was told when speaking to a CruiseCare rep:

If you booked your cruise before June 2, 2014 and/or your cruise is departing on/before December 31, 2014. Independent air arrangements are covered.

If you booked your cruise on/after June 2, 2014 and you are sailing on/after January 1, 2015. Independent air arrangements are not covered.

So the agents are only going by the information that is given to them as well as the rest of the cruising population on their website.

OMG, is it possible that we got two different answers??:D

Edited by cruisenfever

I have just clarified with Berkley, administrator of Cruise Care, that the ONLY qualification of retaining independently booked air fare coverage is that you BOOKED your cruise prior to June 2, 2014 and are sailing up thru the end of 2015. I have seen comments that RCI agents have given false information regarding this, telling people they had to have already purchased the insurance before June 2; someone posted that they were told airfare had to be booked before June 2; another person has been told the cruise had to be paid in full by June 2. Those statements are not correct. The agent I spoke with at Berkley said RCI customer service reps should not be answering questions about an insurance policy as they are not insurance agents. By all means, if you have questions about independent air coverage, call Berkley at 1-800-453-4022

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks, 39august, that makes perfect sense based on Royal's website and traditional insurance practices.

cruisenfever, everything harmonizes if you read the "V2 independent air is covered" qualifier both ways: (1) any booking before June 2; and (2) any booking after June 2 for sail dates through the end of 2014. Only pax who booked after June 2 and are embarking in 2015 go to "V3 independent air is not covered."

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app