Flying into FLL

jdyer09

Hello. We are booked on the Breeze for the 11/8 cruise. We are flying in in groups the day before to FLL. It seems SAS is the best transport company to go with. Does anyone know how much time we should allow ourselves to get there. Looking at maps it seems like 30-45 travel time, so Im thinking building in at least two hours and leaving the hotel at 930am just to be safe.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels or activities near the airport hotels for us without a vehicle? Is their bus system safe? My brother would like to visit the IGFA museum right there but Im not sure if its feasible. Our flights get into FLL at 330 or so.

My step daughter is flying in with us and we have different last names. She is 11. Her father will be joining us but is flying in very late that evening, from out of town from our home airport, due to work issues. Has anyone ever had any issues with security at the airport in situations like this? Does a notarized letter seem to be ok? or a power of attorney?

He will be with us for boarding, Im just worried about flight issues.

Thank you in advance!

The past two years we flew into FLL to board the Breeze.

This year we flew in a day early, and had SAS take us to a hotel in Miami, and then the following morning, you just have a quick 5 minute cab ride.

Have you thought about doing that?

We left the hotel at 9:30, and were dropping our bags with the porter before 9:45.:D:D

Hi

Have you considered renting a vehicle with a drop off in Miami. We have done this and it gives you a lot of flexibility. Usually there is no extra drop off fee.

Your driving time estimate is right. So you would get there quite early if you left at 09:30.

If you use a shuttle service they will likely tell you when they would be able to pick you up. From what I have read they all seem quite reliable in that area. If you choose a shuttle service, we have used JMS and were quite happy with the service and the van itself.

If you are getting around Fort Lauderdale with public transit, they have free " Sun Trolley " service which connects to the water taxi service. So you can see and get around town nicely. Google search will give you maps for these services as well things of interest that you might want to do while there.

Personally I just love the beach...and Ft. Lauderdale has a great beach

Hope this helps

Have a great cruise

We have flown to FLL and sailed from POM 2x. Both times we stayed at Embassy Suites FLL. There are mulitiple restaurants, stores, and the trolley near there. SAS picked us up both times at 11:00 and dropped us off at POM before Noon. Both times the lines were very low when we were dropped off. We took Taxi's to get from FLL to the Hotel.

We were only planning on staying in FLL because the last part of our group gets in around midnight so to avoid the drive in an unfamiliar area that late, we were going to stay in FLL.

IF we were to rent a car and just drive down in the morning are there drop offs at Port? We have looked on the Enterprise website but so far have not found anything. It sounds like it may be cheaper than transports everywhere.

Good idea, thanks and keep them coming!

There are no rental car port drop offs. there are offices for most of the rental car within a couple of miles from the port. if drop off is going to be Sunday I don't think there are rental car shuttles available to port but cab fare from hertz budget and avis should be less than $10.00

We have flown into FLL and stayed at Springhill Suites in Ft Lauerdale. We arranged with the transportation company the hotel uses, I think it's KSA, and we were at POM in about 35-40 minutes. I think we left around 9: 30 - 10 AM. We've done it twice. Very smooth!

Hello.

My step daughter is flying in with us and we have different last names. She is 11. Her father will be joining us but is flying in very late that evening, from out of town from our home airport, due to work issues. Has anyone ever had any issues with security at the airport in situations like this? Does a notarized letter seem to be ok? or a power of attorney?

He will be with us for boarding, Im just worried about flight issues.

Thank you in advance!

In cases like this it is suggested to have a notarized letter - JUST IN CASE..... Some people have had to show them, others say they never have... better safe than sorry. You can download a standard template form from the internet.... AAA and most banks have notaries....

WE are getting the letters for our girl scout trip even with each girl having their mom along because they are all traveling out of the country without the other parent... just don't want to take any chances. It won't cost anything to have the form, but it will cost dearly if you don't and need it.

We were only planning on staying in FLL because the last part of our group gets in around midnight so to avoid the drive in an unfamiliar area that late, we were going to stay in FLL.

IF we were to rent a car and just drive down in the morning are there drop offs at Port? We have looked on the Enterprise website but so far have not found anything. It sounds like it may be cheaper than transports everywhere.

Good idea, thanks and keep them coming!

There are a few companies with a location near the POM but there are also some companies where you would drop off the car at MIA and they will shuttle you to the port for free(I used Thrifty)