Luggage limitations for Alaska Cruisetour

DentoAlaska

1 piece of each per person (1 follow, 1 to the, 1 carryon)

I have a question regarding the luggage as well. If this has been answered already I apologize. I do understand the part of sending luggage off that you will not see again until you board the ship, but can both my hubby and I keep one piece of luggage or does it have to be one piece between us? Then we can also have our carry on as well? What I wanted to know if each of us can have a carry on as well as a large suitcase for the cruise tour part. I am trying not to overpack but between the cruise tour, the cruise, the hotel before and after each, I think it is going to be very hard to limit stuff. Thanks for all the help with this. I do not know what I would do without all the heop from cruise critic.

I'm now rethinking what would be 'essential' for the 5hr 30 min train ride to Mt McKinley . Will more than likely 'send on' one carry-on and take just one, if there is limited if any space under the seat. I didn't see much space for small luggage in the photo.

Then again, if both carry-ons go with the large cases, maybe my tote will be sufficient? (We do the cruise first)

It's good to have this discussion beforehand.

You can only have one item each following you on the land tour. You can have more than one item kept by Princess until the end of the land tour.

:)

Just wondering if there is anything special that you suggest we do not miss on our cruise tour, or anything special as far as the food that you thought was really good we should not miss. Did you enjoy the dinner show in Denali? We are looking at doing that so just wondering if you think it is worth it. Also, the white water rafting. Did you enjoy that - another thing we are looking at doing.

Thje rafting described in my report was enjoyable and we are glad we did it. It is relatively calm water, not an exciting ride but a scenic one. By the way, down at the riverbank getting onto the raft was the only place we came across those famous Alaska mosquitoes.

I do not remember any spectacular food, but except for the one restaurant I mentioned at one of the lodges, all the food was at least in the "good" category.

The dinner show was definitely designed for tourists, sort of like a couple of the shows at Disneyworld. Hokey. The waiters were the performers. If it is not included in your tour, compare the cost to having dinner at an alternative spot and decide if some entertainment is worth the difference.