Paradise Info - Steak and Corner Boxes

FlaCruiser007

Just off the Paradise yesterday. Another fun weekend trip to Cozumel! Couple of interesting items:

First, the MDR had added steak options for an upcharge each night. $20 gets you a filet, or surf and turf, or large lobster, or NY Strip, or lamb (the offerings changed a little night to night). Our take was that Carnival is trying to get the options offered in the steakhouses on ships that don't have a steakhouse. We did not partake, but I did notice a couple of the steaks being served around us. We spoke to one of the waiters and she said it was brand new, and not popular with staff or guests this sailing.

Second, we were clued in by our cabin steward that if the corner box (you know, the one that you have to climb over to get in or out of the far side of the king size bed) bothered you, you could request at guest services and they would have it removed. Sure enough, we asked and they did! Was nice having room to walk around the bed! The steward also said they usually upgrade the tv at the same time, but they did not for us.

Just thought I'd share as I haven't seen these mentioned before.

Just off the Paradise yesterday. Another fun weekend trip to Cozumel! Couple of interesting items:

First, the MDR had added steak options for an upcharge each night. $20 gets you a filet, or surf and turf, or large lobster, or NY Strip, or lamb (the offerings changed a little night to night). Our take was that Carnival is trying to get the options offered in the steakhouses on ships that don't have a steakhouse. We did not partake, but I did notice a couple of the steaks being served around us. We spoke to one of the waiters and she said it was brand new, and not popular with staff or guests this sailing.

Second, we were clued in by our cabin steward that if the corner box (you know, the one that you have to climb over to get in or out of the far side of the king size bed) bothered you, you could request at guest services and they would have it removed. Sure enough, we asked and they did! Was nice having room to walk around the bed! The steward also said they usually upgrade the tv at the same time, but they did not for us.

Just thought I'd share as I haven't seen these mentioned before.

Excellent experiences, thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for your information.

We booked the Paradise a couple of weeks ago for this coming February and I have been worried about the "box" ever since. It's great to know we can request that it be removed and they will remove it for you. I can definitely live without the upgraded tv if they will just get the "box" out of the corner.

We probably won't partake of the steak offer either if they are still doing that in February. I think the regular dining room food is fine and wouldn't want to pay extra for the steak.

Thanks again for the heads up on the "box"!

Thank you so much for your information.

We booked the Paradise a couple of weeks ago for this coming February and I have been worried about the "box" ever since. It's great to know we can request that it be removed and they will remove it for you. I can definitely live without the upgraded tv if they will just get the "box" out of the corner.

We probably won't partake of the steak offer either if they are still doing that in February. I think the regular dining room food is fine and wouldn't want to pay extra for the steak.

Thanks again for the heads up on the "box"!

Won't do the steak. But the dreaded box I would never get rid of, that is where all my towel animals sit waiting for me. Of course Larry & I don't sleep together so there in no climbing. OMG THAT IS TO MUCH INFORMATION.

Char