"Live" - Aloha - Rhapsody of the Seas 5 September 2014 - Hawaii Bound

PCWalton1

Rhapsody will always hold a special place in our memories as our very first cruise was on Rhapsody out of Vancouver to Alaska - it was magical! Thanks so much for taking the time to post on vacation. One of these years we hope to take several long cruises to Hawaii and then on to Australia. In the meantime, I am enjoying living vicariously through your adventure.

Hi Bill!

Just caught up with you and Marie! Sounds like you are having a great cruise so far! Thanks for bringing us along!

We were in 8098 on the May reverse trip and LOVED our aft JS! We ordered the room service breakfast the first morning and ate it out on that wonderful balcony! The food arrived piping hot and delicious, I guess due to the cabin's close proximity to the kitchen stairs. After that, we were hooked and ate on the balcony eleven of our thirteen days!. If the weather's nice, you might want to try that option.

Again, thanks for the wonderful pictures and video so far! We are really enjoying your cruise along with you!

We had the same good luck with room service in 8096, even though we got up later than Paula did.:D

We haven't done the westbound route, but have loved our Honolulu to Vancouver trips (3 so far). We've not had more than one rough day at sea and it has varied as to which day - the first year we had high seas the day after Kona, and then the seas calmed. The second year it was rough the day before we arrived in Victoria. This year we had no issues (did we?:o).

I don't think you can lose going in either direction.

Bill, thanks for taking the time to post! Is your "one device" Internet charge for one device at a time or do you have to use the same one each time?

We had the same good luck with room service in 8096, even though we got up later than Paula did.:D

We haven't done the westbound route, but have loved our Honolulu to Vancouver trips (3 so far). We've not had more than one rough day at sea and it has varied as to which day - the first year we had high seas the day after Kona, and then the seas calmed. The second year it was rough the day before we arrived in Victoria. This year we had no issues (did we?:o).

I don't think you can lose going in either direction.

Bill, thanks for taking the time to post! Is your "one device" Internet charge for one device at a time or do you have to use the same one each time?

The $160 is for one device which is primarily my phone but I just log off when I need to use the net book or need to load books on the Kindle.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

We were on this cruise this time last year, and had the aft junior suite next to the corner on the port side. Loved that balcony. And the whole trip (except for the little scare when the prop picked up a big bunch of fishing net) was fabulous. Do NOT miss the sunset when you leave Kauai.ImageUploadedByForums1410155804.679707.jpg.6208e2e03b23d69b70c50e6fe7c5c3e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad.

Bill....? for you. The internet package did you pre-purchase it or purchase as soon as you boarded. Thanks!

And watch out for those aft rooms...on the Rhapsody we had the JS in the corner...and they used "your" room as the one to catch fire during the drills! I will say the crew is very adept as coming thru a room "Mine" and climbing over the balcony to the next one. Very adept!

Lou

Bill....? for you. The internet package did you pre-purchase it or purchase as soon as you boarded. Thanks!

And watch out for those aft rooms...on the Rhapsody we had the JS in the corner...and they used "your" room as the one to catch fire during the drills! I will say the crew is very adept as coming thru a room "Mine" and climbing over the balcony to the next one. Very adept!

Lou

Too funny another drills. Makes life exciting. [emoji3]

I connected with my phone when we got on board and selected the plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

We had 8596 next to yours on our Alaska cruise. Love that location! You were lucky to get that cabin. You do know about the secret stairs up to the Solarium, don't you? ;)

I need to know about the secret stairs up to the solarium! Where are they? I have Aft JS 8596 on my Australian cruise next month. Our friends will be in the same one as Bill and Marie, 8598. This is our 1st time on RCI so I'm gathering info about this ship.

I love reading this even though it is a different itinerary that my. Thanks for the wonderful review!:D