Steak

alliecat1970

when I did allure in May I could order steak from speciality steakhouse, while I was in main dining room can u do this on magic. Thank you Janet rae

They trees this on four of ther ships that had no steakhouse about 3 years ago, but it crashed and burned, and hasn't resurfaced since.

They trees this on four of ther ships that had no steakhouse about 3 years ago, but it crashed and burned, and hasn't resurfaced since.

they did try it before a few years ago, and did take it away. but it has started to resurface. see a recent thread about the same:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095321

the verbiage i've found is:

Following a successful pilot program that introduced select dishes from our steakhouse restaurants in the main dining rooms aboard four ships, Carnival Cruise Lines will roll out the new Steakhouse Selections fleetwide beginning the week of August 28, 2014.

The Steakhouse Selections, which are offered nightly, include a 1-1/2 pound Maine lobster, 9 oz. filet mignon, 14-oz. New York strip steak, and surf and turf (broiled Maine lobster tail and filet mignon). Steak offerings feature prime aged beef. The entrees are $20 each. The Steakhouse Selections augment the existing wide array of complimentary choices from our appetizer, entrée and dessert menus that are part of the main dining room offerings.

it's already reported to have been on glory, liberty, imagination, ecstasy, paradise on CC, and per that statement, it should be rolling out fleetwide as of the week of august 28 - so within about the last week.

so in short, yes, you should be able to get a steakhouse steak in the MDR. :)

All signs point to no, there's been a lot of people asking, but steakhouse menus are only in the steakhouse, since they have separate kitchens, it makes sense or someone would have to track across the ship with your food

This just changed -- you can now order steak, lobster, surf and turf and sometimes rack of lamb from the steak house menu while you are in MDR.

Cost is $20 extra.

they did try it before a few years ago, and did take it away. but it has started to resurface. see a recent thread about the same:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095321

the verbiage i've found is:

M

it's already reported to have been on glory, liberty, imagination, ecstasy, paradise on CC, and per that statement, it should be rolling out fleetwide as of the week of august 28 - so within about the last week.

so in short, yes, you should be able to get a steakhouse steak in the MDR. :)

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update. I missed this.

How sad is this. When we started cruising, it was assumed ALL food in the MDR was high quality. And it was. Doubling the capacity did away with that individualization and made it mass production.

But I thought it failed because many were ordering these item off the menu, as it was the best selections in it, and they were horrified to find there was a fee associated with it.

And then had to go back and select choice number 5.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update. I missed this.

So basically you can get 2 steakhouse meals for $40 instead of 1 for $35,

I know the ambiances is not the same but you can still get app's salads and desserts from the MDR

So basically you can get 2 steakhouse meals for $40 instead of 1 for $35,

I know the ambiances is not the same but you can still get app's salads and desserts from the MDR

You're just not tipping twice. And you don't get the special starters or desserts.

Intriguing to say the least. The wife doesn't care for the entrees in the steakhouse and I don't care for the appetizers. We've discussed several times and we can't find enough benefit for the $70.

She doesn't want to miss her favorites in the MDR and I'd love a great cut of beef. We save money and both are happy!

Hopefully, this will be on The Breeze in 15 days.

I am happy to have this choice just as I have been on Royal Caribbean. DH doesn't eat much at all and it's all I can do to get him to the Steak House on the first night. Now, I will be able to get the great steak instead of the MDR strip steak as an example on other nights.

I am so looking forward to this on our next cruise.

I have reservations at the steakhouse for the first night on the Splendor next week. The Pinnacle Steakhouse is a very good dining experience. I was planning on going again on day 3 when the MDR menu is not that great. Now I can eat in the MDR and get a great steak for $20. I think this is a great idea. Hopefully it is prime and is cooked properly like the steakhouse. :cool: