Chocoholic buffet?

bangzoom6877

We are returning to NCL next summer on the Breakaway. Our last NCL cruise was in 2011 on the Jewel, and we went on a few NCL cruises before that too. One thing we always found to be a lot of fun was the chocoholic buffet, even though it was chaotic since it was so popular. It was still worth going to for the fun of it, and my kids really enjoyed it in 2011 on the Jewel. Do they still do this on NCL cruises? I read somewhere about a chocoholic theme one night in the MDR at dinner, but does this replace the chocoholic buffet?

We are returning to NCL next summer on the Breakaway. Our last NCL cruise was in 2011 on the Jewel, and we went on a few NCL cruises before that too. One thing we always found to be a lot of fun was the chocoholic buffet, even though it was chaotic since it was so popular. It was still worth going to for the fun of it, and my kids really enjoyed it in 2011 on the Jewel. Do they still do this on NCL cruises? I read somewhere about a chocoholic theme one night in the MDR at dinner, but does this replace the chocoholic buffet?

Yes - the chocoholic buffet is fast becoming just a memory. There was another thread on this subject a few days ago. Guess it was determined there was a lot of waste - but the chocolate creations were certainly beautiful to see! The best we ever saw was on the SS Norway.

Sorry, when I was on Breakaway in February, they did not have the chocolate buffet. Over the last few years, I found that the items at the buffet look much better than they taste... so now it's kind of a relief.

Some other threads here indicate that they've instituted a "chocolate night" in the MDR where they have a lot of chocolate desserts on the menu. I'm planning to look for that on my cruise in a couple of weeks.

Thank goodness! Better desserts and less waste. Win-win.

The waste was because the desserts were horrible. They looked good and people loaded a plate then took a bite. Many then just set the plate down and walked away. The current desserts are from the same cookbook with low quality ingredients so 'better' is questionable at best.

Dear CRUZIN'NANA ,

It did not have to become a Memory Maam. Having Quality is so much nicer than not. Look at HSY :NYSE Hersey which had been well with REAL CHOCOLATE on the Syrup Cans. Now on that awful plastic Bottle it shows DOUBLE The CHOCoLATE.. but on the required US Ingredient Label it shows ZERO/NONE/Ziltch/Nada, The NY Bagel Hole. In European markets it is not even allowed to be called Chocolate as it never has enough Cocoa...

The SS Norway was a great ship even before they used that name..

NCL now public should use, IMHO, quality as cruisers pay for it and they sure up+charge in everything and/or way possible..

Have you seen even Ma., Me, NS, Ca. Lobsters are not on the NCL ships now..! Why when in MA., Me., and NY they have the Worlds Largest Lobster packaging, warehousing, and harvesting .. The Lobster is the lowest cost now since the 1600-1700's! SHAME SHAME SHAME on NCL!

I like to see more Lobstermen employed in seeding, harvesting and selling !

:cool:

We all have to remember that word of four letters SALE even on a SAIL ship is not now in the consumers benefit usually.

Buyer Beware!

Yes - the chocoholic buffet is fast becoming just a memory. There was another thread on this subject a few days ago. Guess it was determined there was a lot of waste - but the chocolate creations were certainly beautiful to see! The best we ever saw was on the SS Norway.
Edited by AAAAmerican