Pcc?

magandab

So, I did a Google search and came up with a CC thread from 2009. The same question was asked and, apparently, at that time naming PCCs was allowed. Four were mentioned as being excellent, along with their extensions. So, being Sunday when I knew nobody would be there I tried the numbers and, lucky me, there were two still there. Tomorrow I will call and get my cruise booked.

I'll get the OBC for booking within 3 months of my previous cruise, plus the Explore 4, plus the extra OBC for booking a suite! sweet!

I find the ones that you talk to when you just call in are pretty good. It's the ones I've had specifically assigned that have been stinkers. I had a question on an address of a hotel Hal was providing. I wanted him to confirm with what they had on their system. He told me " just google it, it's really easy". I said to him yes, I know it's easy, but I wanted confirmation of what they had. He just didn't understand why I needed it and got quite nasty about it.

Inexcusable and unacceptable.

And probably should add lazy, as well. :rolleyes:

That's also what mine has told me. She needs a certain number of "completed" bookings. All that matters is that she makes the initial booking, and that the cruise is completed (started?) -- she gets credit or points or whatever. It doesn't matter if the cruise is later transferred to a TA, or if the client never makes another call.

I think in addition to the number of completed bookings, there may be a 'quota' for total dollar amount of sales per period. I'm not sure if the period is per month or quarter or what?

We like our PCC also. Our "slight perks" were over a $1,400 discount and an $100 additional OBC on our last cruise after we transferred to our TA. That was an addition to the $200 we received from HAL. I guess it's finding the right TA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.

and booking a cruise that because of cabin category and length most likely still cost you over $9000.

Edited by richwmn

I understood from what a Future Cruise Consultant said on a cruise, that the PCCs don't receive a commission - they are on salary from HAL. Is this not the case? I felt that was why they didn't mind handing over a cruise to your own TA. They get "credit" for making the sale from HAL, but they're not going to make any additional money out of it. You'd think that would mean that using a PCC would get you a better price. :confused:

and booking a cruise that because of cabin category and length most likely still cost you over $9000.

7-day Alaskan cruise. Nope, not over $9K, but would have been w/o a discount.

Close to $800 on our next cruise in January.

Edited by kjw869

I understood from what a Future Cruise Consultant said on a cruise, that the PCCs don't receive a commission - they are on salary from HAL. Is this not the case? I felt that was why they didn't mind handing over a cruise to your own TA. They get "credit" for making the sale from HAL, but they're not going to make any additional money out of it. You'd think that would mean that using a PCC would get you a better price. :confused:

I was also told by my PCC that they received no commission, but they do get credit for a booking.

The answer to the OP is quite simple. If you do not care about saving money book with a PCC. If you want to save money (usually 7-10% of the cruise cost) shop around among the major cruise agencies. The savings will usually be issued in the form of On Board Credits (OBCs) although we know of at least one good agency that will simply rebate part of the cruise cost in the form of cash (after the cruise). Our record savings on a HAL cruise was over $3000 (savings on a single cruise) which we got on a Prinsendam cruise booked though one of our favored cruise agencies.

Hank

I'm not sure if a PCC can be named on the board or not, or if that is the same as naming a travel agent/agency. So my question is, is it allowed?

We are thinking seriously of a Vancouver RT on the Volendam next August and would like to get a reservation in to hold one of the Neptune suites as there are very few. We are thinking of trying to get an SB guarantee, as there are only two SBs on the ship.

Our TA is retiring at the end of this year. She's okay but lots of what we got is because I've learned so much here and I call her to tell her what I want her to do. I hate the idea of starting with her, and being passed along to....? in her office. So, I'm thinking of just calling and getting a PCC.

My Ta in Victorville is retiring at the end of the year, too.:(Since I have known her for many years, she recommended someone in her office. I am not sure what we will do in the future..especially with HALs new web site.

Karen

For those who may have forgotten our posting guidelines regarding TA's and PCC's:

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's or pcc's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

It also means you cannot post links to travel agencies, no matter what the specific reason.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges. in our guidelines

Edited by Host Walt
Correct spelling error

I am sure that the high booking TAs have amounts that they feel they must get for a booking. As I have mentioned several times, it really takes no more effort on the part of the TA to service a Penthouse Suite than it does an inside. For CC members, they most likely realize that after the initial booking they are not likely to receive any other calls. Therefore, they might cut their commission to say $200 regardless of the type of booking, leaving the rest to get the client to book with them.

Booking 2 cruises / hour for an 8 hour day (possible with the big booking mills) would make for a pretty big payday at $200 each

Edited by richwmn

I am sure that the high booking TAs have amounts that they feel they must get for a booking. As I have mentioned several times, it really takes no more effort on the part of the TA to service a Penthouse Suite than it does an inside. For CC members, they most likely realize that after the initial booking they are not likely to receive any other calls. Therefore, they might cut their commission to say $200 regardless of the type of booking, leaving the rest to get the client to book with them.

Booking 2 cruises / hour for an 8 hour day (possible with the big booking mills) would make for a pretty big payday at $200 each

It gets even less expensive when customers (like moi) do not even use a human, but simply book many cruises with a few clicks of the mouse. The o(nline cruise agencies that we use all have online booking engines (tied directly into the cruise line computers) that normally allow us to do everything (including choosing our cabin). We once did a $25,000 HAL booking without ever talking to a human. I did all the work online, while watching a football game, with no hassles.

Hank

My Ta in Victorville is retiring at the end of the year, too.:(Since I have known her for many years, she recommended someone in her office. I am not sure what we will do in the future..especially with HALs new web site.

Karen

Hmmm, I'm not asking (staying within the guidelines), but I am wondering if it's the same person. I live in Apple Valley and the TA we've been using is in Victorville.

All together now, "it's a small world after all..."