Cruise pack - slightly inept?

shallwe

I received my cruise pack from P&O yesterday. "Goody" I thought.

Until I opened it and found that the luggage labels at the back were printed for our pre-upgrade cabin!

Fortunately I am PC savvy and always have been. But I wonder whether someone who is not on email and may not have been aware that they had been upgraded, could have fixed the wrong labels to their luggage and had it delivered to the wrong cabin?

Fortunately I've already printed the correct labels out.

Hi Jean how do you know you have been upgraded as it doesn't say in my travel documents in the cruise personaliser,

Your chances of an upgrade are about the same as winning the lottery. However, if you are they will let you know and you will see a change of cabin number in your cruise personaliser.

Brian

Hi Jean how do you know you have been upgraded as it doesn't say in my travel documents in the cruise personaliser,

I checked the Cruise Personaliser in the morning last week and the cabins were the same as booked. Within an hour I had received an email from P&O telling me I had been upgraded. So I went straight onto the Cruise Personaliser again and lo-and-behold, the cabin upgrade was showing :D

Just a shame about the luggage labels they sent a few days later were incorrect :confused:

It would also depend on when your cruise is. Our upgrade was issued about 5 weeks prior, so if yours is any longer then you would not yet be told whether you are lucky or not.

*EDIT* Just seen the date of your cruise. You should find out fairly soon if you have one.

Edited by shallwe

Hi Shallwe

I would not worry about your luggage labels, on our 2008 cruise onboard Oceana we did not know we had been upgraded until we arrived at Barbados and received our cruise cards as at that time the cabin number was on them. I had looked at the cards and realised the cabin number differed to what was on our paperwork, on asking we were given the good news and our luggage bearing the old cabin number turned up in jig time at our new cabin.Do enjoy your cruise.

Re upgrades, we got one for our cruise in 5 weeks time and was mid ship high underneath the pool area, luckily I got the mail and quickly advised we would stay where we are on C deck as would not have been happy for the length of our cruise hearing sun beds been dragged about, so some upgrades are not so good. C deck balconys give you the extra room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums