Super Bowl viewing????

Princess Nancy

Oh my, after much research, I booked our Anniversary cruise on the Splendor. It sails out of Miami on Feb. 1.

Hubby just says to me... That is Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Will he be able to watch the game on the ship?

Oh my...:eek:

I watched the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl in the main theater on a giant screen. Excellent reception, great service, hors d'oeurves, drinks, wonderful!

I seem to remember John Heald just posting something about this, and the answer was yes. Let me see if I can get a screen grab.

EDIT: Says they got the rights to air them, but only the Superbowl itself will be shown on the big screen on ships that have them.

Edited by Orison

Was on the Splendor for the AFC/NFC championships last January. Since there is a retractable roof on huge huge screen on Lido, that's where they showed the games. Believe they do same thing for the actual Super Bowl with a lot more festivities.

We did a Superbowl cruise last year, great fun!

They had it shown in the theater along with tailgate type foods, and games and contests during halftime. They also passed out noisemakers, pon pons and a few other goodies. Many people were dressed to support their team.

For those wanting to watch the game but aren't into the party atmosphere, it was also showing in a few smaller bars as well as on all cabin TVs.

Depending on when and where your ship leaves from, they may turn it off during muster. We left from LA so missed a teeny portion of first quarter. The CD announced that the sooner we got to muster, the sooner the game would be back on. Fastest. Muster. Ever. :D