FLL airport hotel suggestion

Iamthesea

Looking for nice airport hotel near FLL.

We will be arriving late to FLL and will want to crash ASAP after we arrive. Taking a cruise the next morning out of Port of Miami, so we will stay overnight near the FLL airport and get transportation to POM the next morning. ;)

Can someone recommend a nice, reasonably priced, one night stay near the airport?

I would normally recommend the Extended Stay on 17th, with a free airport shuttle, or the Embassy Suites right down the street from it. However, depending on when you are booking, these groups prices are very high in March '15 when we last looked for hotels around there. They were both $230 or so. However, we did book the Hampton Inn and Suites, Airport/South Cruise Port, same time frame for $140. They have a free airport shuttle also. You might take a look at all of those. The Embassy Suites has a good breakfast, but no shuttle. The Hamilton Inn has both.

Edited by roger001

Thanks...I have stayed at most of the 17th Street hotels. I guess I was not considering any of those to be airport hotels. Isn't there something closer?

I expected to have to pay around $250 for the night on 17th Street, but hoping for something less since we will arrive so late and leave so early. Supposedly less expensive than staying in Miami (although there is a small chance of flying into Miami if the flight rate is less.)

Hotels with mostly good reviews closer to the airport than 17th St.:

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Best Western Plus Ft Laud Airport/Cruiseport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise

Crowne Plaza Ft Lauderdale

Thank you, Sharon. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise for our last two cruises recently.

I just checked their rate for my March dates. WOW!!! $264...(the same as the Embassy Suites for same date.)

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Last weekend, we paid $104 total for the same room. :eek:

Last year during the same March SB dates, we booked for $175 total. ;)

I checked the rate for the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port that I have read about. Double WOW...close to $300 a night! :rolleyes:

I'll check your other suggestions, but think that we may wait and book a little later on. ;)

Thank you, Sharon. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise for our last two cruises recently.

I just checked their rate for my March dates. WOW!!! $264...(the same as the Embassy Suites for same date.)

I checked the rate for the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port that I have read about. Double WOW...close to $300 a night! :rolleyes:

I'll check your other suggestions, but think that we may wait and book a little later on. ;)

Check LMT. They usually have some great rates.

Those are crazy prices for such an unattractive old neighborhood.

You might have to go to a hotel south of the airport...these usually have good deals (under $200 for March) and SAS picks up there:

Sleep Inn Dania

Days Inn Hollywood

LaQuinta Hollywood

Edited by royalcruz

Since you've personally stayed there - can you provide your opinion of HI Express? We are considering it for our cruise next May. Reviews seem really favorable, but it's quite a bit cheaper than all the other hotels, which concerns me a little lol.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

I agree you don't need to go into Ft. Lauderdale. Stay at one of the hotels in the Dania area. You are going to pay more than the last couple years anywhere.

You could check which shuttle services stop at which hotels so you don't have to go back to the airport to get your shuttle to POM. And use one of those. But again...raise your budget and move on it asap. This is late for a peak season booking.:o

Sorry that I am just know seeing this. :o

We had very nice stays at the HI Express. Clean, friendly, a shuttle and breakfast. Combine with the rate, and we had a pleasant stay.;)

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express in 2009 and used a Carnival code which gave us a better price deal. Is there still a Carnival code??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Stayed at Holiday Inn Express in 2009 and used a Carnival code which gave us a better price deal. Is there still a Carnival code??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never heard of a cruiseline code for discounts. The lines want you to book thru them.;)

Try lastminutetravel.com. Call the phone number for the names of the hotels if you don't see that on your phone or pad. They too will offer a few more dollars off. Great site with cancellable deals.

I agree you don't need to go into Ft. Lauderdale. Stay at one of the hotels in the Dania area. You are going to pay more than the last couple years anywhere.

You could check which shuttle services stop at which hotels so you don't have to go back to the airport to get your shuttle to POM. And use one of those. But again...raise your budget and move on it asap. This is late for a peak season booking.:o

Thanks for the advice, however, this thread is old. Already set with a hotel. :) I came back to this thread to check something out and saw that someone had asked me a question about the HI Express. ;)

For those who have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port (phew! That's a mouth full!)

Can you share what car service you used to get to Port of Miami the next morning and what they charged you? Thank you!

Trying to do this in March with my wife and son.