RCCL Survey asks me about Princess.

geocruiser

I just got an E-mail from RCCL with a link to a survey in it. The survey was about customer service via phone. Close to the end of the questions RCCL survey ask me if I called any other cruise lines this past month. They listed the lines and Princess was one of them. So I click Princess. Then a whole set of about 12+ questions comes up about Princess phone service. The survey was from RCCL. I checked as I was doing it. And by the way, my last phone call to Princess was wonderful and I let them know it. But is it funny to have another cruise line ask so many question to a PAX about another cruise line.

Has this happen to any one else?

Edited by geocruiser

I just got an E-mail from RCCL with a link to a survey in it. The survey was about customer service via phone. Close to the end of the questions RCCL survey ask me if I called any other cruise lines this past month. They listed the lines and Princess was one of them. So I click Princess. Then a whole set of about 12+ questions comes up about Princess phone service. The survey was from RCCL. I checked as I was doing it. And by the way, my last phone call to Princess was wonderful and I let them know it. But is it funny to have another cruise line ask so many question to a PAX about another cruise line.

Has this happen to any one else?

I haven't had it happen to me, but it is fairly common for companies to try to get this information through their survey processes. I have worked for a few larger companies where we asked customers about our direct competitors and how they would stack us up to them. An easy way to get information about who is competing with them for your business.

I haven't had it happen to me, but it is fairly common for companies to try to get this information through their survey processes. I have worked for a few larger companies where we asked customers about our direct competitors and how they would stack us up to them. An easy way to get information about who is competing with them for your business.

I think you are right. One of the questions was if I booked a cruise with Princess because of that phone. The answer was yes. Then came more questions.

It is a sneaky IMO way to get data on their competitors. I personally don't like it and when the first group of questions came up about a competitor that would have been the end of the survey. Luckily, so far, I have not run into this.

It is a sneaky IMO way to get data on their competitors. I personally don't like it and when the first group of questions came up about a competitor that would have been the end of the survey. Luckily, so far, I have not run into this.

I thought it was sneaky too. It was just about the same survey that they first had me do for RCCL. When I was asked which other cruise line I called, and I click on Princess, then the question turn to asking about Princess. I guess RCCL might not like my survey too much because I gave princess all 10's and in the comment area wrote that I did book a Princess cruise.

It is a sneaky IMO way to get data on their competitors.

IMHO it's not sneaky at all...

Companies research their competitors all the time. What better way to learn than to survey costumers who have experienced both cruise lines? I wish Princess would ask me about my RCCL experiences as there are many things RCCL does better.

Lew

Companies research their competitors all the time. What better way to learn than to survey costumers who have experienced both cruise lines? I wish Princess would ask me about my RCCL experiences as there are many things RCCL does better.

Lew

I agree, don't feel it is necessarily sneaky, they are not trying to steal confidential info. I view it more as they are trying to gauge what their customers feel about competitors. If I were to answer that I think the Princess website is much better than RCCL or that their customer service is better than RCCL, that is data they could (in theory) use to improve those areas and make a better offering. It is something the company I work for now does on a regular basis to see how our customers feel about us when viewed against our competitors.

But ultimately if a customer doesn't want to provide the information on the survey that is obviously their choice not to do so.

Lew

How did you like your Allure cruise after so many cruises on Princess?

How did you like your Allure cruise after so many cruises on Princess?

We loved it! It's a beautiful ship with so much to do. The food on the Allure leaves a lot to be desired, but they do so many other things very well.

I posted a comparison of the Allure and Royal Princess on this board a few weeks ago.

Lew