Booking a future Cruise

Jeffrey1950

I was just wondering how many book their cruise well in advance and how many wait till the last minute? I am looking at the eight day to the Caribbean for June 17th. and it seems very expensive for a person travelling solo in a Balcony room. In June of this year I travelled solo, had a balcony and got it on " Summer Special " it was a fantastic deal. I do not know as to if I should book now and hope the fare comes down or wait till closer to the date of sailing to see what it cost. Any suggestions please !!

last cruise, we booked it within 2 weeks of sailing date. this cruise, we booked it a year in advance.

im semi new to cruising, but IMO, booking this early leaves you open for price drops and maybe even upgrades.

but, you did say you're a solo cruiser. they do charge more for solos because all rooms are at least double occupancy, and they have to make up for the lost bed.

Edited by KLD1019

If you book early on Carnival under the Early Saver program you can always submit a price match if they lower the cost. We have booked all of ours early and submitted the price protection with no problem. The one time we had an issue was because we booked a premium room and they didn't have an open room to compare the price match to but we got it resolved.

Edited by ncsucaroline

I was just wondering how many book their cruise well in advance and how many wait till the last minute? I am looking at the eight day to the Caribbean for June 17th. and it seems very expensive for a person travelling solo in a Balcony room. In June of this year I travelled solo, had a balcony and got it on " Summer Special " it was a fantastic deal. I do not know as to if I should book now and hope the fare comes down or wait till closer to the date of sailing to see what it cost. Any suggestions please !!

NCSUCAROLINE has it right. Sales and timing have nothing to do with it. It's how you book your cruise. If you pick EARLY SAVER and the price goes down, you get the lower pricing regardless if it is 1 month or 12 months until your cruise. Booking EARLY SAVER while on the cruise, gets you a $100 credit for a 7 to 8 day cruise..

Both times I've booked a cruise, it's been close to a year out. We book early saver rate. On our April cruise on the Magic, we had some decent OBC thanks to price drops. However, on our upcoming April cruise on the Dream, the price has already gone up $30 per person. At the future cruise talk on our Magic cruise, the guy doing the talking said to guarantee the best rate on your cruise, book as far in advance as possible, and book the early saver rate.

My first two I booked just shy of a year out. No cruise for thes year but I've got a B2B booked for the end of 2015. Booked it over 500 days out.

By the way, I too, am a solo cruiser and I love it. Nothing like being at sea or in port and only having to do what I want when I want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk