How do you find out total # of unsold cabins ?

Kel040

I understand when you are looking at available cabins on the CCL site you can only see 10 at a time for the specific options you have selected, i.e. deck, location, type etc..

Is there a site or a way to find out the total of available cabins on any particular sailing ?

Thanks,

Kelly

PVPs have access to this information. i've never been so pointed as to ask 'how many cabins total of each category are left', but i have asked somewhat specific questions, such as 'to get an idea of how the cruise is selling, how many balconies total remain unsold' - and was surprised she answered it (i think there were 76 lol).

so they definitely have the info available to THEM, whether or not they will or are supposed to share it with you, ymmv.

thanks everyone for your replies -

The reason I asked was because on other threads I've read posts that say things like "there are 27 cabins left for that category" or "the ship is only half sold" etc... I was curious as to how they would know that... :confused:

thanks everyone for your replies -

The reason I asked was because on other threads I've read posts that say things like "there are 27 cabins left for that category" or "the ship is only half sold" etc... I was curious as to how they would know that... :confused:

I am guessing much of the time it is based on faux bookings and the rise/fall of prices more than knowing the actual number. (But as it has happened before, I could be wrong)

Have the deck plans in front of you, and call on the phone. Say, "Tell me which cabins in such and such category are avail..."...and they will!

And remember, the ship could be totally full, but still have cabins unoccupied...lifeboat quotas!!!

Edited by cb at sea

And remember, the ship could be totally full, but still have cabins unoccupied...lifeboat quotas!!!

very, VERY unlikely. total lifesaving equipment capacity is typically quite a bit over total maximum crew + guests.

using magic as an example:

Full guest occupancy: 4724

Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 3690

Total officers and crew: 1386

so, even FULL guest occupancy (every single berth in every single bed full - which i'd say NEVER happens) is 4724 + 1386 = 6110 total pax & crew/officers (in every single berth)

Grand Total Lifesaving Capacity: 7650

7650 - 6110 = 1540 EXTRA seats in life boats / rafts.

more accurately, the ship may sail 'full' = at 100% occupancy - but satisfy that metric at 'normal occupancy' given that some cabins have more than the (based on 2 per cabin), and some cabins may not be filled. if every cabin IS full and some have a 3rd or 4th passenger, then they are at over 100% of NORMAL occupancy, but not TOTAL occupancy, and never even close to the lifeboat occupancy maximum.

If you can get it easily, then so can their competition. Why would Carnival want to let RCCL know how its cruises are selling? :confused:

Some cruise lines are not as "secretive" about how many cabins are left. They do provide a much easier way to see how many cabins are left. For example, on the Princess website, you can look at entire decks for any particular ship and sailing and it will show all the cabins that are sold (each cabin taken will be in white with the word "SOLD" in red). Cabins still available will show in different colors based on category. I've been monitoring my upcoming cruise for possible upgrades and there are entire sections that still have cabins available!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app