LIVE from the Enchantment 8/14-8/21 #1

Glad you're having a great time, too bad you can't actually leave your computer long enough to realize it.

I'm sure you'll keep everyone posted. Don't forget to tell us how well behaved your children are as you type away and not notice what they are doing anyway!

I know you'll keep us posted on your every move!! Glad you're having a blast!!!

MerionMom, a terrible imposition, but IF you should read this, and IF you had the inclination ...

we are booked in an aft 7 JS and a number of people have said the noise from the entertainment below is horrible, and a few have said it is fine.

if your late night wanderings could include a trip oh, say, outside 7170, could you report on how bad it is??!!

Hi Merion Mom, we have recently returned from Enchantment (7/31) It's fantastic, isn't it!!! I guess you'll be in Martha's Vineyard tomorrow morning (8/16/05). I hope you are enjoying it all. We loved every minute of our cruise and I am so happy to read your post. Just a note...get the pork chop in the My Fair Lady dining room. I cannot remember which night it is the "Chef's Choice" but it was fabulous! Also if it is possible for you to carry your own bags, I would recommend it on departure. My mother traveled with us and carried her own. She was home by 10 a.m. (Wilmington Delaware). We put ours out the night before and waited for our color to be called and were off the ship by 10:45. That is not bad at all, but I could do without the sitting around time on Sunday morning. Have a wonderful time. I am very jealous!

Glad you're having a great time, too bad you can't actually leave your computer long enough to realize it.

I'm sure you'll keep everyone posted. Don't forget to tell us how well behaved your children are as you type away and not notice what they are doing anyway!

I know you'll keep us posted on your every move!! Glad you're having a blast!!!

You forgot the smileys! :D It was a joke, right?

Hi Patty, (Patpv)

We're just watching our "beloved" Steelers beatup a little on your Eagles - Sorry, here in Pittsburgh, we love our Steelers!! Look forward to meeting you! Counting down the days. Well, I'm actually counting work hours...32 more to go!!

Joan

Hi Patty, (Patpv)

We're just watching our "beloved" Steelers beatup a little on your Eagles - Sorry, here in Pittsburgh, we love our Steelers!! Look forward to meeting you! Counting down the days. Well, I'm actually counting work hours...32 more to go!!

Joan

Pittsburghers do luv our black and gold!!!! :D

Pittsburghers do luv our black and gold!!!! :D

How DARE you take the spotlight away from someone with so many posts that has started this thread to describe each and every moment of her experience with us to discuss such trivial topics as football.

I find your post offensive and quite rude. Just because you may have other interests such as football or paying attention to children, does NOT mean the rest of us do.

I look forward to hearing every detail of Merion's experience, as I am sure she will share with us.

Hope you are having a blast Merion! You still crack me up!! You are truly an asset to these boards!!

Carol,

Make sure you vist Donjee (maybe Donji??) the bartender in the Schooner Lounge, he's a hoot!!

Wirenut, can't belive you forgot that :D

Holly

ah HA! I mentioned Donjie in the other thread, before Carol left

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=218310

and you thought I would forget Donjie :D

Murphy & Chuk84 - we're going on the same cruise in the Royal Suite #8514. Guess we'll be neighbors! Welcome aboard!

Patty

Patty,

How excited I was to see that you are going to be in the Royal Suite. We are getting married on the Enchantment in January and we can't wait!!! We have been on a few cruises before, but this one will of course be the most special-hence the room.

If you remember...can you please take pictures of the room....also, we are hosting cocktail hour in our room nightly, so we were not sure if there is a person who will be able to do that for us-like our own conceirege for the room. Any information you can give us about the ship upon your return will be so helpful.

I am excited for you!!

Kelly

email: kellykoteen@cox.net

Carol -

Come on, I can't honestly believe you are out enjoying Martha's Vineyard on this sunny day with your 71 degree temps and not on the computer inside at the internet cafe writing to all of us. :D Hope you are having a great time!

I just hope Merion Mom checks back in sometime before the end of the cruise so she can deliver my greeting to my old buddies at the rock climbing wall!!!

But I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from her again (at least not before Sunday!!)

:)

Hi, guys. A little down time in between returning on the tender from Martha's Vineyard and my pedicure. Rough life, eh? bwah ha ha ha.

Try to answer everyone:

vikingqn: Yes, two computers in CL. I'm on one right now. :) Don't know how much wireless or in-cabin are, but they are mentioned, so they must exist. Sorry for not knowing more there. My kids would have KILLED me if I'd brought our laptop. They'd plotz if they knew that I'm here right now. :D

Trina: I'll go make some noise, er, check on the noise, on Deck 7 aft, if I'm still standing after the C &A cocktail party, dinner at Chop's, late night show and late night comic.

ilexmi: FABULOUS sn. I get it, even if no one else does!!!! I'll go to the Schooner Bar tonight, JUST to check out Donji for you and for WireNut. Such sacrifices I must make!

sailor moon: the dratted coffee machine in here isn't working! Had to make myself a cup of tea. See lament above, to ilex. :D

CruisinBabe: I'll try to go to rock wall with son (he's underage and still has to be signed in, much to his chagrin and annoyance), and say "hi" to Chris and Amy. Am I supposed to smack either one of them? ;)

wishful: Captain is Gunnar Oien and chef is Bartol Cabrera. The Captain introduced ALL of the senior staff at his cocktail party last night. He was stiff and unfriendly during pictures, but brightened and loosened up considerably after (a couple of glasses of.......?) and was talking to the crowd and introducing the new Enchantment and its managers.

bandit: Thanks, Sandy. I hope that my house is still standing!!!!

We are definitely NOT doing self-serve debarkation! Since we knew that we didn't have to deal with the airlines, we brought WAY too many bags.

Meet and Mingle was low-key but nice. MY SON won one of the aqua mice! HE is definitely thrilled about it. We had organized our own M&M for Sunday, and had mostly all met already. That was our "Smugglers' Social." I was sitting with a bunch of new-to-RC cruisers at the M&M and we were talking about various activities and events. I convinced them all to form a team - NONE OF THEM has any idea what the Quest is! I figure this should be good for a few laughs - waddya think?

Martha's Vineyard - day started off VERY overcast, 70 degrees. Tendering was a breeze - 10 minutes, tops. They certainly have all the bugs ironed out. Very little was open yet in Oak Bluffs when we arrived. Warning: if you're going to do the trolley or bus tour on your own (I recommend), TAKE CASH. They don't take credit cards. I had even emailed them ahead of time, and neither their website nor any communication from them told me this fact. Fortunately, I had enough cash to cover. $19 per normal person, $5 per kid.

MV was lovely. Very touristy; pleasant - sun came out and was warm, but not at all hot, and NO humidity. We had this great trolley driver/tour guide, Dan. He was the head of the State Police on MV for like 30 years, then retired, and now does this! Knows a lot of stuff about the history, geography, architecture of the island, and where all the famous people live and visit, and their secrets.

Shows are good. Platters were fun. Maybe I'm rotten, but to me, they were just good, not great. Herb Reed was a bit TOO rehearsed, TOO old, and had the world's WORST hairpiece. The new, young singers are great, and their music was fun.

Slots: I hit two $135 jackpots, and am almost even now for the cruise. Not bad for some very entertaining hours. I'm still too chicken to try BJ. I need my written cheat sheet (when to hit, when to stand, soft, hard, etc.) - but I left it at home! My new buddy is winning at craps. (From our Roll Call - we have a great bunch on board).

Interesting observations: Compared to our past cruises, WAY FEWER young people. My kids aren't seeing or meeting ANYONE their ages. LOTS of old people. OLD OLD OLD. and somewhat old. I think that I mentioned in first post: lots of scooters.

Formal night: Only saw, maybe, a dozen or two dozen tuxes TOTAL all night. We dressed up, and a few people LOOKED AT US! My daughter noted that last night's dress code was : Dress attire tonight is formal.

Next formal night says: Formal dress suggested.

Tonight is Country & Western Night. Compass says, "You are invited to change after dinner into C&W attire." THEY DON'T WANT JEANS IN THE DINING ROOM. (MY interpretation of THAT)

Well, time for my pedicure. <sigh>

Carol

Oh, I had to go change the time of our Chops reservation (made the instant we got on board) when I got the invitation to the C&A party. As a reflection, I guess, of the demographic on board (old? Not partiers?), there are LOTS of openings.

CruisinBabe: I'll try to go to rock wall with son (he's underage and still has to be signed in, much to his chagrin and annoyance), and say "hi" to Chris and Amy. Am I supposed to smack either one of them? ;)

Yes - Smack Chris for me!!! (But in a nice, fun, playful way!!) And BTW - If you go to Liar's Club tonight (and I recommend you do. It was hysterical!!) Chris is the clown.

Thanks again for letting me relive my cruise through you!!! Please let me know how it goes at the rock wall!!!

Amy

:confused:

How DARE you take the spotlight away from someone with so many posts that has started this thread to describe each and every moment of her experience with us to discuss such trivial topics as football.

I find your post offensive and quite rude. Just because you may have other interests such as football or paying attention to children, does NOT mean the rest of us do.

QUOTE]

:confused:

First of all I am sorry that you are offended by my post. However, if you noticed Carol (Merion Mom) is from Pa. and both of our state NFL teams were playing and therefore the posting about the Steelers.

Also I am quite confused about the "children" comment and would like to know where that came from? If you read many threads at all you would find that many times things off the subject are interjected. Lighten up!! :rolleyes:

Carol, Have a great cruise!! :cool:

Cindy ;)

...sailor moon: the dratted coffee machine in here isn't working! Had to make myself a cup of tea. See lament above, to ilex. :D...

....Interesting observations: Compared to our past cruises, WAY FEWER young people. My kids aren't seeing or meeting ANYONE their ages. LOTS of old people. OLD OLD OLD. and somewhat old. I think that I mentioned in first post: lots of scooters..

coffee machine in concierge lounge not working? :confused: That is terrible news:eek: -- let me know if they get it up and running again, as I might need to pack my french press after all....

I wonder what the age spread will be when we cruise in September, if the August crowd is older? My kids might just be the only ones at AO then; I am assuming that means that the rockwall and trampolines are not too crowded?;)

Thanks so much for keeping us up-to-date!

We were also on 8/7 sailing and especially loved the whale watching trip in Bar Harbor...thought that RCI did try to improve the tendering from Martha's Vineyard from the comments I'd read before the cruise - loved the food in the main dining room - and GeoSci - just wanted to let you know that we stretched out on deck chairs Friday night to watch the meteor shower - my 17 yo left Fuel the teen club to come watch - it was foggy but the fog cleared and the stars were great - did see some meteors - thanks for the tip!

Archived