Best time to arrive at port

TahitiSun

I think the answer depends a bit on preference.

Obviously if you are Diamond, Platinum or FTTF you will not have the issues of standing in line. With that said, if it were me I would arrive about two hour before "check in" time begins (this drives DW crazy). I do not do it to be first in line, but rather to insure if there is a situation that needs to be dealt with I leave plenty of time. Others have posted that if you delay until the early afternoon (around 1:30) you minimize the amount of time spent in line and are on after the rooms are ready. I have always found this option intriguing and would love to try it out one day to see what the experience is like. Either way; enjoy your time aboard.

Happy sailing.

Our experience with the Jax port is if you arrive before 10:30 then more than likely they will turn you around and tell you to come back later as they are not accepting incoming passengers.

You may get lucky earlier than that......but very likely you won't.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

We arrived between 10 and 10:30am and they were not letting cars in yet. We were able to circle around and wait outside the lot. They starting letting cars in around 10:45. We were one of the first people through security bag check and check in. We got zone 2 and only waited like 10 minutes before boarding the ship. We did not have FTTF or any cabin or VIFP status that would have allowed us to get priority boarding. It was a very easy and fast check in.

I don't drive to the port, so can't help with traffic or parking. But I love to get there early (like "TOO early", around 11am) because we can usually breeze through customs and check-in, and then find a good seat in the Lido cafe (or anywhere we can get snacks). But the thing with me is, on cruise morning I wake up salivating to get ON the BOAT! :D Cruise #8, that feeling hasn't let up yet.

But if you want to go straight to your room (not have to wait till after 1:00), or if you take all your luggage on with you rather than checking the big stuff, then I would follow the advice of those who've experienced later boarding.

Edited by Moonarino