Checked Luggage size- are they that strict?

blondie151o

I looked for a recent post I saw before but couldn't find it ...

I see the checked luggage says no bigger then 16hx24wx30l.

Well I just measured my big checked bag I will take and it's around 18-19" in height. Will they turn me away for this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival doesn't care what size your carry-on luggage is as long as it fits thru the X-ray.

Now the airlines do have restrictive policies on carry-on luggage sizes, but this isn't the forum for this kind of question as it has nothing to do with Carnival. Perhaps you could go to the web site of the airline you would be using and look there.

Edited by LostPuppy

Carnival doesn't care what size your carry-on luggage is as long as it fits thru the X-ray.

Now the airlines do have restrictive policies on carry-on luggage sizes, but this isn't the forum for this kind of question as it has nothing to do with Carnival. Perhaps you could go to the web site of the airline you would be using and look there.

Lots of people ask travel questions on this site and trade information. Hotels, parking, flights, etc.

OP's question is about Carnival's restriction, not the airlines. The dimensions referenced are from Carnival http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

OP- looking at this, it appears that the limitation applies to carry on luggage, but they "encourage" keeping all of your luggage within those dimensions.

I've been looking on Carnival's website and can't find the dimensions. But I don't recall the checked baggage really having a maximum. I mean, I've seen some HUGE suitcases in the hallways the last night.

As stated, carry on has to fit through the x-ray machine.

It is in the link I posted http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

This isn't for carry on. This is the bag the porters take. I'm confusing my self with the height and length. Lol. They seem the same to me.

We don't fly so the suitcase I check is always very large and weighs a bunch because I pack it so full.

I give the porters a good tip because I feel so bad because it's so heavy, but I have NEVER had a problem checking it.

Just FYI.....it's much bigger than the red piece on your picture....

Have a great cruise!!!

We don't fly so the suitcase I check is always very large and weighs a bunch because I pack it so full.

I give the porters a good tip because I feel so bad because it's so heavy, but I have NEVER had a problem checking it.

Just FYI.....it's much bigger than the red piece on your picture....

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks! :)

I've never had them measure anything of mine. My suitcase barely exceeds their maximum "thickness" (lying down), and I've seen bigger bags than mine make it through.

And just FYI, any of your luggage can be "carry-on" (there's no real distinction) since you can haul it all onboard yourself if you want to. :)

Edited by Moonarino

The sad part of the checked luggage program is that the porters who take your bags get the tip and the ship personnel who sort and deliver it get the shaft.

Exactly. The porter slings it onto a cart and then he's done. The staff on the ship get to unload it, sort it, and deliver them.