Navigators verandah?

LissyTx

Instead of the balcony railing being covered with Plexiglas that you can see through, the balcony wall is solid metal and painted white so if you were seated you can't see through it to the ocean.

Actually I've described a whitewall balcony. I think the navigator's balcony are also sort of enclosed with a built in bench instead of a chairs.

Search for pictures and you'll find them.

Edited by BullDawg91

Thank you for the info. Has anyone stayed in one?

I guess it would still give you easy access to the ocean breeze and view when outside like a normal balcony but not sure it'd give me the normal balcony feel. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 different types of Navigator Balcony depending on the ship.

Wonder & Magic it's a big round hole surrounded by steel wall,

Fantasy & Dream it's a part of the steel wall blocking a small portion of your view.(there are all different % of blocking from very minimal to almost 50%)

You have to look at a side view of the ship to judge which have the least obstruction.

There are a few in the aft that have no steel obstruction but are tiny balcony with a bench instead of table & chairs.

Edited by MCC retired

Thank you for the info. Has anyone stayed in one?

I guess it would still give you easy access to the ocean breeze and view when outside like a normal balcony but not sure it'd give me the normal balcony feel. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've stayed in them on the Magic and Wonder and love them. It is our favorite category. It has a cozy feel to it and I like the bench it has as a great place to read. Some complain they can't see the water from them and while you can't see the same as with a plexiglass verandah you can still see out quite well. Another benefit back from the days when smoking was allowed was we never seemed to get any coming in. Plus when we went to Alaska we didn't feel the chill as much.

My family stayed in a navigators verandah stateroom on the Wonder in June 2013. As I recall we didn't have a round opening, ours was more a rectangle window (stateroom 7622). Honestly, we didn't like it. It was too enclosed for us. Plus, our 4 year old had to stand on the bench to see out the window. This scared us, as he could have fallen overboard. So, for our next cruise we are going to try a balconey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

My family stayed in a navigators verandah stateroom on the Wonder in June 2013. As I recall we didn't have a round opening, ours was more a rectangle window (stateroom 7622). Honestly, we didn't like it. It was too enclosed for us. Plus, our 4 year old had to stand on the bench to see out the window. This scared us, as he could have fallen overboard. So, for our next cruise we are going to try a balconey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

Yes, on the Wonder the porthole on the navigator's verandah (I believe it's only the aft ones) is a oval, not a circle. One of the little differences between the two ships.

We have stayed twice in this type of balcony. We like it. Keeps the rain/sun off you, but still being able to feel the air/breeze and look forward or aft. We are from Florida and get enough sun.... :)

Our cruise in November is also in one of these cabins.