Wheelchair info

skiwee

We are sailing on the Fantasy next week and can't wait! I rented a collapsible wheelchair for my mom which will be waiting for us on the ship. We do not have nor wanted an accessible cabin. I only got it for her if her knees act up and would like a quick trip here and there on the ships and ports. Will this be an issue in a standard balcony room? We won't be using it in the room and it will sit in there folded up. Only using it outside the room as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Fantasy next week and can't wait! I rented a collapsible wheelchair for my mom which will be waiting for us on the ship. We do not have nor wanted an accessible cabin. I only got it for her if her knees act up and would like a quick trip here and there on the ships and ports. Will this be an issue in a standard balcony room? We won't be using it in the room and it will sit in there folded up. Only using it outside the room as needed.

Shouldn't be a problem. Be aware, however, space inside the room is fairly limited. And you won't be able to wheel the chair through the door with her in it. You'll have to collapse it to get it through the door.

Shouldn't be a problem. Be aware, however, space inside the room is fairly limited. And you won't be able to wheel the chair through the door with her in it. You'll have to collapse it to get it through the door.

K thanks. We figured we would just unfold it in the hall and use out there. The cabins look spacious enough for a folding one. We went in the Epic last year and squeezed an ECV in a non accessible. Talk about a tight squeeze! Lol. This one will be cake.

Just off the Fantasy last month

Rented a scoter for $225 for the hole week and it was great left it in the hall out side the room at night to charge with no problem (Special needs group 1-8oo-513-4515) Pick up on ship at boarding and left after calming luggage when leaving the ship There is a lot of walking on the ship as it is so big You can drive it off and on the ship at all 3 ports

I didn't think DCL allowed the storage of strollers, wheelchairs, or ECV's in hallways as they block the passage of other guests and housekeeping.

They shouldn't allow that. Those halls are small as it is.

"outside in the hall" can mean a couple of things. Either left directly outside the guest's room (not allowed - as the room service carts will not fit down the passageway), or in the larger elevator area. There are outlets there that DCL does allow use of for charging ECVs.

Personally, I wish they wouldn't even allow that, but at least they are somewhat out of the way there.

"outside in the hall" can mean a couple of things. Either left directly outside the guest's room (not allowed - as the room service carts will not fit down the passageway), or in the larger elevator area. There are outlets there that DCL does allow use of for charging ECVs.

Personally, I wish they wouldn't even allow that, but at least they are somewhat out of the way there.

On the epic last year it looked like a parking lot near the elevators. So bad that my mom couldn't even get near the elevator. We complained and for the rest of the week they were gone. Sorry if you have an Ecv keep it in your room. We actually slid the sofa under the bed so that my moms would fit.