Formal Nights

reilly1

First Cunard cruise, mini 3 nighter on 25th October on QV. Normally sail Celebrity. On Voyage Personaliser, it shows all 3 nights as Informal. Will they not even have 1 formal night on this short cruise? The other lines do. Would be very disappointed.

First Cunard cruise, mini 3 nighter on 25th October on QV. Normally sail Celebrity. On Voyage Personaliser, it shows all 3 nights as Informal. Will they not even have 1 formal night on this short cruise? The other lines do. Would be very disappointed.

First and last nights are never formal, which leaves just the middle night. Is that a port day? If so, it's possible that they won't do a formal night.

The short cruises don't really show you what Cunard is like because they do atypical things like skip formal nights. And they don't have time for events like Captain's cocktail parties.

We've been on these before and as stated above, they don't seem to put a formal night in the personaliser.

On board, it has happened that they have put "optional formal" on the daily programme which makes it a little messy as some are in long dresses/tuxes and others aren't.

Only you can decide whether it's worth putting a tux/long dress into your luggage as it could be extra carriage and not needed.

First and last nights are never formal, which leaves just the middle night. Is that a port day? If so, it's possible that they won't do a formal night.

The short cruises don't really show you what Cunard is like because they do atypical things like skip formal nights. And they don't have time for events like Captain's cocktail parties.

Yes, I know we will not get the full experience, but it is my husband's 60th birthday and it was just the right dates for us. We are in Princess Grill as well in 5001, so looking forward to it. We have been on 20 cruises, but want to try Cunard for a change. May take formal gear anyway - love dressing up.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I know we will not get the full experience, but it is my husband's 60th birthday and it was just the right dates for us. We are in Princess Grill as well in 5001, so looking forward to it. We have been on 20 cruises, but want to try Cunard for a change. May take formal gear anyway - love dressing up.

Dress up if you want to Its your cruise & you really can not be overdressed on Cunard, Here is a Video with a short clip of your cabin within it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cje7WyZSG9U

If it's a special occasion, then go for the formal gear. And have a photo taken to commemorate the birthday.