Freestyle machine only with packages?

jenf22

We are sailing on a 7-night on the Jewel next month. Can you buy soda from the Freestyle machine on a drink-by-drink basis? We all love the various flavor combinations, but the package just doesn't make any sense for us. Our cruise is very port-intensive and we don't figure we'd drink anywhere near enough to make the package worthwhile. Plus we only let the kiddo drink a soda a day on vacation. We normally get one soda when we eat at fast food places and share it. We were thinking about getting the soda package for my husband since he's a big soda drinker and then the kiddo or I could have a sip or two on occasion (I'm a water drinker and rarely drink an entire soda). Based on the current "Freestyle cup" thread, I'm now scared to get only one package. So can I just buy a one time use cup? That would probably end up cheaper for us then one package anyway.

This is our first non-Disney cruise so I'm still trying to figure everything out. Thanks.

Yes the cups are the same regardless of whether it is an adult or child package.

ETA: They are the same cups but there is some variation in colors so you could pick different colors (may be only 2) to differentiate. I know my boys had one reddish and one blue.

Edited by njmomof2

Yes the cups are the same regardless of whether it is an adult or child package.

If we're just filling from the machine we don't have to pay attention to whose is whose, right? Can we just grab one? And at other venues, they check our card, right? I think this may be one of those issue I am making too complicated based on other posts ;)

We are sailing on a 7-night on the Jewel next month. Can you buy soda from the Freestyle machine on a drink-by-drink basis? We all love the various flavor combinations, but the package just doesn't make any sense for us. Our cruise is very port-intensive and we don't figure we'd drink anywhere near enough to make the package worthwhile. Plus we only let the kiddo drink a soda a day on vacation. We normally get one soda when we eat at fast food places and share it. We were thinking about getting the soda package for my husband since he's a big soda drinker and then the kiddo or I could have a sip or two on occasion (I'm a water drinker and rarely drink an entire soda). Based on the current "Freestyle cup" thread, I'm now scared to get only one package. So can I just buy a one time use cup? That would probably end up cheaper for us then one package anyway.

This is our first non-Disney cruise so I'm still trying to figure everything out. Thanks.

Its not just soda.

It dispenses over 125 different flavors including

Minute Maid® Lemonade

Minute Maid Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Fruit Punch Lemonade

Minute Maid® Light Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Orange Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Strawberry Lemonade

Minute Maid Light Fruit Punch Lemonade

Dasani with Lime

Dasani with Peach

Dasani with Grape

Dasani with Orange

Dasani with Strawberry

Dasani with Raspberry

Dasani with Cherry

Dasani with Lemon

Dasani Sensations - Lime

Dasani Sensations - Peach

Dasani Sensations - Grape

Dasani Sensations - Strawberry

Dasani Sensations - Orange

Dasani Sensations - Raspberry

Dasani Sensations - Cherry

Dasani Sensations - Lemon

Powerade ION4 Fruit Punch

Powerade ION4 Raspberry

Powerade ION4 Cherry

Powerade ION4 Lemon

Powerade ION4 Orange

Powerade ION4 Lime

Powerade ION4 Grape

Powerade ION4 Strawberry

Powerade Zero Fruit Punch

Powerade Zero Raspberry

Powerade Zero Cherry

Powerade Zero Lemon

Powerade Zero Orange

Powerade Zero Lime

Powerade Zero Grape

Powerade Zero Strawberry

Hi-C®

Hi-C Cherry

Hi-C Orange

Hi-C Raspberry

Hi-C Strawberry

Hi-C Fruit Punch

Hi-C Grape

Hi-C Raspberry Lime

Hi-C Orange Vanilla

Seagram's® Lemon Lime Seltzer

So wanting to use one of these freestyle machines

What a selection

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Use the below link, input your zipcode and mile radius you are willing to drive and BAAM!

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/#!/about-the-soda-fountain/

They are everywhere now! In my area they can be found in Burger King, Wendys and Qdoba!

From the reviews I have read in the past, it may say it dispenses all of those flavors, but the machine is usually out by the third day or so of the cruise and never refilled. Is this still true?

On Jewel in March a lot of flavors were out the second day and never refilled.:mad:

We always buy the soda package but usually don't carry our cups everywhere we go. Can you still get a diet coke at any of the bars?

Yes, no problem at all....

I don't care for the new cup's now...odd shaped & even harder to carry around than the old one's were...

From the reviews I have read in the past, it may say it dispenses all of those flavors, but the machine is usually out by the third day or so of the cruise and never refilled. Is this still true?

On our May 2013 allure cruise some flavors ran out but we would come back in a couple hours and they had been refilled.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On Jewel in March a lot of flavors were out the second day and never refilled.:mad:

That's disappointing. The flavors would be the main reason for getting the package. I've read you can get lemonade or iced tea anytime for free. Is it from a self serve dispenser too?