Price drops

1jazzylady1

Anyone have any luck getting upgrade or price reduction after a significant change in price?

There is a $700 decrease in my solo rate and Cunard won't upgrade or give money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you after final payment time?

Edit- just read your other thread. Unfortunately, many cruise lines will not do anything after final payment time.

Hope you have a great time anyway!

Edited by Scrapnana

This depends on the cruise line in question. For example, after the final payment date NCL will USUALLY allow you to buy up to a more expensive cabin at the then current price. Or, if there are limited upbuy opportunities, they MIGHT offer a partial OBC. But nothing is automatic unless you ask, and I wouldn't expect an upgrade unless you are willing to spend more money in the process. Nor would I expect an actual refund.

Naturally, your mileage may vary. :-)

Edited by mtwingcpa

This depends on the cruise line in question. For example, after the final payment date NCL will USUALLY allow you to buy up to a more expensive cabin at the then current price. Or, if there are limited upbuy opportunities, they MIGHT offer a partial OBC. But nothing is automatic unless you ask, and I wouldn't expect an upgrade unless you are willing to spend more money in the process. Nor would I expect an actual refund.

Naturally, your mileage may vary. :-)

I was prepared to pay for an upgrade to a balcony because the price dropped and I had an inside. I spent time during the day emailing my TA and getting her to talk to Cunard. Finally in a 3 way conversation I was upgraded for free. Cunard Customer service rocked today. I am excited, my first balcony and it will be on the Queen Mary 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to upgrade my tiny inside cabin to a Central Park view on The Allure for $77. I could have upgraded to an Ocean View for $50 but that was on a lower deck and I wanted to be higher up. I have been following this cruise since June when they wanted $2500 for a solo inside cabin. After final payment I snagged it for $1273 and now have upgraded for $77.

I got to upgrade my tiny inside cabin to a Central Park view on The Allure for $77. I could have upgraded to an Ocean View for $50 but that was on a lower deck and I wanted to be higher up. I have been following this cruise since June when they wanted $2500 for a solo inside cabin. After final payment I snagged it for $1273 and now have upgraded for $77.

Hi, when is your Allure sailing? I am eager to try Anthem perhaps in 2016.

Someone I met on the Breakaway just went on the Allure and I am eager to ask them how the 2 ships compare. It looked really nice.

Hi, when is your Allure sailing? I am eager to try Anthem perhaps in 2016.

Someone I met on the Breakaway just went on the Allure and I am eager to ask them how the 2 ships compare. It looked really nice.

My Allure sailing is November 2 and then I am going on The Breakaway in May 2015. I was on IOS this past April and loved it. I am going with some friends who have a Central Park balcony and they were on Oasis last year and fell in love with the ship. I usually only sail for the ports and since the ones on The Allure are pretty bad I didn't want to go. However, they talked me into it as they said that most of the people who go on the mega ships do it for the ship and not the ports. After watching and reading numerous reviews I am really looking forward to the Allure. Even more so now that I get to look down at Central Park and have a much bigger room.