Guys burger joint

ccdaniel2707

With all due respect, I would venture a guess that most people would think that a "good" burger should be juicy, yet SOMEWHAT greasy. And a little crispiness around the edges isn't a bad thing. Now a hockey puck dripping in fat is certainly not good. I personally enjoy Freddy's, Culver's, Five Guys, or Steak & Shake (unless they are super dry). Smashburger isn't so great, Whataburger is only so-so, and love In & Out, though we don't have any here......

Just returned from Eastern Caribbean Cruise on CCL Conquest and I can confirm: GUY'S BURGERS ROCK! I get the Plain Jane with the cheese and then hit the toppings bar to make my burger EXACTLY the way I want it with the EXACT amount of each topping. They are delicious.

Not real meat for sure!!

Sent from my Iphone 4 using Tapatalk

Actually, McDonald's burgers are made of 100% real beef, look it up. You'll find that in a number of different locations. They're Angus burgers are very good to tell you the truth.

To answer your question, Guy's Burgers are awesome and real beef for sure!! :D Toppings are super yummy as well.

As for McDonad's, don't they use that "mechanically extruded beef" whereby they scrape every little scrap of meat off the carcasses, rather than grinding up large cuts of meat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, I can assure you that's not true. I have a friend who works at McDonald's and has seen the burger (and nugget) making process.

No, I can assure you that's not true. I have a friend who works at McDonald's and has seen the burger (and nugget) making process.

They do use 100% beef... FTCA would get on their case otherwise.

Now, what parts of the beef they use to make up the percentage is another story. ;)

Guy's patties are made up of 80% beef /20% fat ground chuck....

Just off of the Conquest - Guy's Burgers lived up to the hype for me - my best concoction all week was a double topped with chili. I prefer the thicker fries, and love their seasoning, but for those who don't, on Conquest class ships you can get the thinner style fries from the Fish n Chips station.

Thank you so very much for your comment about the thinner fries! LOL This has been driving me nuts as I have tried to figure out if they'll have them on the Freedom. Not a huge deal, but sitting out in the sea air and sun with a plate of fries is a lovely little tradition of mine. I think Carnival has very good regular fries.

As for McDonad's, don't they use that "mechanically extruded beef" whereby they scrape every little scrap of meat off the carcasses, rather than grinding up large cuts of meat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they do not. They did used to contain a portion of the commonly referred to "pink slime" but that was phased out completely including their restaurants in other countries by early 2011. They also don't use that extruded chicken stuff for their nuggets like Internet rumors like to claim. Both Snopes and Google are your friends. ;). While it's a far cry from gourmet, McDonalds is actually very careful about their food and the quality of their processes.