Prebuy soda package

rtazz17

I did a search on this and found multiple answers in the thread so Ill ask :

Is it the same price to buy the soda package on board as it is to prebuy on rccl site?Ive found people answer with "yes it is the same price"to "if you buy onboard you wont pay taxes."So if anyone knows beyond a shadow of a dought could you answer?We bought it on board last yr but I dont remember if there were taxes or not.I know we are just talking about a few bucks here but never the less I would like to know either way.

Another question is if you prebuy the package you get a symbol on your seapass card indicating this as well as the cups.The cups will be in your stateroom once the rooms are opened to passengers.Up to that point you can just go to a bar etc with sea pass card to get your beverage correct?

Another question is if you prebuy the package you get a symbol on your seapass card indicating this as well as the cups.The cups will be in your stateroom once the rooms are opened to passengers.Up to that point you can just go to a bar etc with sea pass card to get your beverage correct?

I can answer half of your post. Yes, you just show your card at a bar or even ask the waitstaff in the WJ.

Last time I sailed, I asked a waitstaff in the WJ "Where can I go to get a coke?" and he just asked to see my card and brought one to me.

It's the same price.

If you book on board they will give you the cups there and then off the table, otherwise they will be in your room if you pre book the soda package.

You need the cup for the freestyle machines, but you can always get a soda from a bar with your sea pass card.

I don't pre purchase the soda card just because by the time I get on board I can use a cold diet coke. I usually just buy a package right outside the windjammer and then fill up the cup. Depending on what time you get on the ship the rooms may not be available to get your cups.

The soda package is absolutely the same price whether you buy ahead of time or onboard.

What people may talking about when they say you don't pay the taxes is the new repricing of the premium and ultimate drink packages. It appears to be less when you purchase before the cruise, but they just removed the gratuity when advertising the package. When you go through the steps to buy it on the website, the final price is the same after the 15% is added.

I know it sounds silly but I like when you pre purchase the soda package, the Coca Cola symbol is already printed on your seapass. When you buy on board, they put a sticker on your seapass.

I don't think that is silly at all. In fact, I feel the same way. (I am not saying this of you, but my wife says it is because I am obsessive compulsive..)

QTPie :cool:

I don't think that is silly at all. In fact, I feel the same way. (I am not saying this of you, but my wife says it is because I am obsessive compulsive..)

and thats why I do..nasty stickers -v- smart imprint on the card = no brainer...lol :)

(and I always get a coke as soon as I am onboard and they just check your card and hand one over)

I know it sounds silly but I like when you pre purchase the soda package, the Coca Cola symbol is already printed on your seapass. When you buy on board, they put a sticker on your seapass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not silly at all, this is why I pre-buy. The stickers come off in the pool and are nasty by the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise I bought on board to use OB credit. A couple days in the card quit working. Went to guest services. The new card had the coke symbol printed on it, not a sticker. They did check to make sure the card didn't work.

Bob

On our last cruise I bought on board to use OB credit. A couple days in the card quit working. Went to guest services. The new card had the coke symbol printed on it, not a sticker. They did check to make sure the card didn't work.

Bob

That tells me that if you really wanted to, you could buy on board with OBC, then go to guest services and get one with the sticker printed on it. If they act like they won't just "lose" your card.

Originally Posted by PhilNDebbieAtSea View Post

You can take your card to any bar or the WJ, etc once you have it and get a cold diet coke in a glass. My preferable over plastic. Never have to worry about having that cup with me! :cool:

and thats why I do..nasty stickers -v- smart imprint on the card = no brainer...lol :)

(and I always get a coke as soon as I am onboard and they just check your card and hand one over)

I only like diet coke in can so don't buy soda package....is that also true on

Oasis?

Thanks

I know it sounds silly but I like when you pre purchase the soda pa-ckage, the Coca Cola symbol is already printed on your seapass. When you buy on board, they put a sticker on your seapass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cups you receive in your stateroom have a chip imbedded in it to prevent people from using cups from earlier cruises. If you drink non-caffeinated regular coke, (not diet coke), the machine doesn't provide it. I contacted RC prior to recent cruise and was told that I could get non-caffeinated; however the machines nor the bars have it.