Pre and Post Cruise Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

hlalonde

My husband and I have booked the December 31st cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, and wondered if anyone had recommendations for a pre and post cruise hotel. We are coming in one day prior and departing one day later. Also, any info on shuttles to the cruise ship port would be helpful.

My husband and I have booked the December 31st cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, and wondered if anyone had recommendations for a pre and post cruise hotel. We are coming in one day prior and departing one day later. Also, any info on shuttles to the cruise ship port would be helpful.

You can look for any DT FLL hotel 3.5* and up .For one night they all good. You really don't need shuttel if you stay in DT . Taxi is $15.00 to port .

Unless you are looking for a place near the beach, I recommend:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

2081 Griffin Road,

Dania Beach, Florida 33312 USA

Phone: 1-954-981-2700 Fax: 1-954-981-9125

We have stayed there twice, leaving our car (they offer parking with a very modest fee).

They provide a shuttle to the cruise ship (not returning from ship to hotel) and another shuttle to and from FLL airport.

Lots of great Hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

I suggest you check out Cruise Critic's sister website TripAdvisor for Hotel Ratings & Reviews. I never book a Hotel without checking there first (cuts down on disappointments)

Also you might want to consider looking at Hotel Loyalty Programs... Free to join if you are not already a member. Good way to save money, get better rooms, perks etc (highly misunderstood... you don't need a million to get a free room... You can cash in points in in small amounts for other things as well, like gas cards, gift certificates etc). We are Hilton Members cause they have a huge list of participating Hotels / Chains... And their points never expire... Same with the InterContinental Group (they own among others Holiday Inn).

When in Ft Lauderdale we usually stay at one of those two Group's Hotels... Or one of he others in the same area which is close to the Port (as well as Shopping, Restaurants, the Water Taxis, Long Term Parking and of course the Beach)

Holiday Inn Cruise-Airport - on 17th Street

Embassy Suites - on 17th Street

Hilton Marina - on 17th Street

Marriott Courtyard - on Seabreeze

As for Shuttles...

We rely on Hotel Shuttles to get to and from the Airport... But NEVER use Shuttles to the Port... They just are too crazy / unorganized for us. We take a cab... Easy breezy. Plus means we can get to the Port earlier... We like getting to the terminal early, so we can be among the first on the ship.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The most popular places seem to be the hotels by the north port entrance on 17th street.

If you Google Port Everglades Florida Hotels you'll see a map with a whole bunch of them there. Some provide shuttles but on busy cruise mornings it gets crazy and if the shuttles are too busy a cab from there is probably not much over $10. You'll also see a couple hotels on the map by the west entrance which I think is either 24th street or route 84.

I think the only one we've actually stayed at on 17th st. is the Hilton Marina which is a nice basic hotel popular with cruisers. But there are lots of other nice ones.

If you want to enjoy the beach a couple miles further away there is a broad range of hotels along the ocean/beach front drive. This is called either Seebreeze Blvd or Atlantic Blvd depending where you are. We've stayed at the Bahia Mar which is one of the closer beachfront hotels and it was very nice. Also at the Atlantic Hotel which is a bit further and a bit nicer but more expensive. If we're going to get in the evening before a cruise we prefer to just stay on 17th street, but if we can arrive a couple nights in advance, or early enough to enjoy the day there, we like to stay on the beachfront to enjoy the view and do some beach front walking to warm up after heading south from the frozen northern states (assuming you're cruising in winter time). Generally speaking, you'll naturally pay more at the beachfront hotels.

Edited by Lsimon