"Pick Your Perk" for Interior Rooms?

h2dcruise

From your past experiences, do you know if "Pick Your Perks" is offered on Interior rooms during special promotions? All T&Cs I am reading for current Pick Your Perks, or most other promos for the matter, require oceanview or higher.

Background: We just booked our Millennium Southbound Alaska cruise for August 2015 because our credit from last year's cancelled cruise were about to expire. I am quite certain of price drops in the future, but not sure if the perks promo is going to change.

I have personally never seen Inside Stateroom categories included in any of the 123 GO or Pick Your Perk offers.

We always book insides, so we wait until after final payment and usually get a steep discount on price, making up for any perks given by Celebrity. Then we are also able to get our Shareholder Benefit OBC and our Celebrity Visa Rewards OBC. All this more than makes up for paying for an ocean view cabin or above during the promotion period and the high prices they charge.

The only thing is that your don't mind an inside cabin and the likely hood of being in a not so great location.

Thank you for all your responses.

We had to book now because our 50% (pre-tax) credit from last year's Millennium cancellation is expiring soon. I fully expect to call in and get the prices adjusted when they drop. Btw, is there a limit on how many I have get the price adjusted before final payment date?

Regarding interior rooms: Just like a "land" vacation, we don't expect to spend a lot of time in the room. We are always out and about and it doesn't make sense for us to pay a premium for oceanview or balcony. We are currently booked mid ship on the Continental deck.

I've never seen the 1,2,3 (or similar) program applied to an inside cabin. I have however seen it work out to be "effectively" cheaper to get an oceanview when you factor in the benefits of the 1,2,3.

This past August we were fortunate enough to do a Baltic cruise on the Connie. The price difference between an inside and an ocearview was more than offset by the benefit of the drink package (based on my personal value, not the inflated value it sells for) as well as the "Take Two" portion of the promo that allowed me to select a shipboard credit in addition to the drink package.

Always worth crunching the numbers to see if this works for you.

Edited by RickT

I've never seen the 1,2,3 (or similar) program applied to an inside cabin. I have however seen it work out to be "effectively" cheaper to get an oceanview when you factor in the benefits of the 1,2,3.

This past August we were fortunate enough to do a Baltic cruise on the Connie. The price difference between an inside and an ocearview was more than offset by the benefit of the drink package (based on my personal value, not the inflated value it sells for) as well as the "Take Two" portion of the promo that allowed me to select a shipboard credit in addition to the drink package.

Always worth crunching the numbers to see if this works for you.

See the thing is, even factor the best perk for the money (Classic Drinks), the price increase not worth it for us. We may go a whole day without wanting a drink. So it would be easier for us to just spend a $100 out of pocket for all the drinks the two of us will realistically have during a 7 day cruise.

Now if the actual price different was $100 or so after free gratuities paid, then we would definitely consider it.