Interesting Oasis post dry-dock dining observation

bajathree

I was just looking through Oasis sailings post dry-dock....and noticed that all dining reservation ONLY have My Time available as an option. No wait list even available for traditional...early and late dining show closed....so looks like they may be doing some soft version of Dynamic Dining as soon as out of dry dock.

I was just looking through Oasis sailings post dry-dock....and noticed that all dining reservation ONLY have My Time available as an option. No wait list even available for traditional...early and late dining show closed....so looks like they may be doing some soft version of Dynamic Dining as soon as out of dry dock.

Wait staff on the TA that came in on Saturday were telling us that (that they would be switched to only Dynamic Dining for the return and were hoping it went smoothly).

The dining room is being converted to Dynamic Dining during Dry dock, however DD will not actually begin until March 2015, according to RCI in many different posts and press releases. So, for those on Oasis before March 2015, the dining room will still work according to traditional and MTD dining....

The dining room is being converted to Dynamic Dining during Dry dock, however DD will not actually begin until March 2015, according to RCI in many different posts and press releases. So, for those on Oasis before March 2015, the dining room will still work according to traditional and MTD dining....

That's quite interesting because there are NO traditional times even available on a single Oasis sailing going forward from dry dock.

From my Oasis Jan 2016 reservation.

Room Arrangement: Unknown

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 08:30 PM , No Waitlists

Cruise Celebrations: None

Linked Reservations: None

Try any Oasis sailing post dry dock thru Dec 2015

Edited by bajathree

That's quite interesting because there are NO traditional times even available on a single Oasis sailing going forward from dry dock.

We are booked for late dining, 9pm on the Westbound TA leaving Southampton on October 15. There have been many concerns raised on our roll call, that the late dining is scheduled for 9pm rather than the usual 9:30. First TA for us, so not sure.

We are on Oasis on Nov.15, 2014. As of now we have late dining. I'm assuming that because of Dynamic Dining all gratuities will be prepaid, as it is for MTD, and we didn't pre-pay.

I am sure that many of you that booked these sailing long ago have traditional dining...and they may still be sitting traditional dining....but all I can tell you is that Royal has now seemed to make the only option available for new bookings as MTD for all post dry dock oasis sailings through dec 2015.

I am sailing Oasis late 2015 and show Traditional dining. I booked Aug 1.

Jacquelyn....please go do a mock booking as of TODAY for that same Oasis sailing and report back what option is available for dining. I haven't found one Oasis sailing yet post dry dock thru 2015 that has anything other than MTD open.

I am sure that many of you that booked these sailing long ago have traditional dining...and they may still be sitting traditional dining....but all I can tell you is that Royal has now seemed to make the only option available for new bookings as MTD for all post dry dock oasis sailings through dec 2015.

Perhaps because the main dining rooms will be broken up into the smaller restaurants they are limiting the amount of Traditional Dining and moving people (sometimes kicking and screaming) into the concept of MTD. If you only have a choice of MTD, then you might be more excited about choosing a dining venue. I guess I'll just have to wait until November to see!

I'm booking on the Nov 1st Oasis sailing. At the time of booking, 2nd seating was only waiting list. Now when I check my booking, I appear to be confirmed second seating.

Preferences & Requests

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 20:30 , No Waiting Lists

I'm booking on the Nov 1st Oasis sailing. At the time of booking, 2nd seating was only waiting list. Now when I check my booking, I appear to be confirmed second seating.

Preferences & Requests

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 20:30 , No Waiting Lists

Will see u there davidcraig! We're on there as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums