Kids club on the Allure questions and "family time dining"

christa

Hi there! This will be our first RC cruise and we will be traveling with two 4 year olds. We are hoping they will enjoy the kids club. I do not see many reviews of the kids club and looking for any good tips. We are also hoping to participate in family time dining. Anyone have any experiences to share? Did it work for your family (the staff taking children from the dining room to Kids Club)? Will we be given a phone to use when they are in the kids club (in case there is an issue)? Thanks in advance.

Edited by christa

I believe you must be using traditional early dining to also use My Family Time Dining. The Adventure Ocean people will show up at the entrance to the dining room about 45 minutes after the start of dinner and take the kids to AO.

Edited by clarea

Here is a link for AO program you may find useful

The 4 year olds will be in the Aquanauts 3-5 age group

All times are listed and all compasses to give you an idea of the activities for the kids.

And yes you can request a pager, for those unforeseen emergencies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060369

There is also in cabin sitting as well if you decide you would use that facility.

Hope this helps

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

This wasn't on the Allure, but our experience with Family Time Dining is that it works great for parents who want to enjoy a leisurely meal in peace. You eat your app while your child has their dinner. But, the children are rushed through their meal and may not have time for desert. Whether this works for you depends on your child, and if they'd rather inhale some food then scurry off to Adventure Ocean, or if they'd prefer to take their time eating and enjoy the MDR experience with you.

Just make sure you know where the AO staff are picking up the kids and the time if you do the My Family Time Dining. The dining room on the Allure is big (multiple floors), and they only pick up at one location. We found that we wound up just letting the kids enjoy the meal and took them to AO after dinner for those nights they wanted to go (also letting them change clothes, if they wanted to).

If the kids are having a good time with their friends, then you also have the option of dropping them off for dinner at AO. They take the kids to windjammer around 6, select from the kids menu, and then return back to AO for the evening events.

Thank you! I think they will love it and so will I! LOL! Appreciate the feedback. We have been watching Dreamworks movies to familiarize ourselves with the characters. My boys are already so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums