OMG - $99 Cruise - Lowest Ever ?

richstowe

I noticed that Norwegian Sky is Sailing September 22 starting at $99 for a 4 day cruise.:eek:

I know it is the beginning of hurricane season and it is only a 4 day cruise and it is an inside cabin

BUT wow! That is cheap. Have you ever seen a cheaper 4 day NCL cruise ?

Does this price mean a darn thing ?

I noticed that Norwegian Sky is Sailing September 22 starting at $99 for a 4 day cruise.:eek:

I know it is the beginning of hurricane season and it is only a 4 day cruise and it is an inside cabin

BUT wow! That is cheap. Have you ever seen a cheaper 4 day NCL cruise ?

Does this price mean a darn thing ?

Great price if a last minute 4 nighter in September suits one's plans.

BTW, was "beginning" a typo....hurricane season started in Summer; it runs June 1st to November 30th. So that cruise is mid season. Peak in Atlantic is about Sept 10 or 11.

Hi, this may sound like a stupid questionm but I'm from downunder so have no idea.

So here goes-

When and where is hurricane season?

I typically book cruises last minute if I see cheap prices. I'd hate to book something to find out I'm in the middle of a hurricane.:eek:

I made that mistake when I booked a China trip in January.

It was minus 25C in Beijing weeks before I left.:eek: Have to admit it was amazing though. I had the Great Wall to myself. I never would have gone if I'd known before though.

Thanks.

Edited by sayaguru

Dear sayaguru,

No question is ever stupid. They each and everyone is important or it would not be asked..

Cruises I so agree should be booked in your best advantages in cost basis.

Hello down under..

In the Atlantic Ocean here it will be peak H Season soon.

But we have been aboard a few ships which had to miss Ports as per the storms. What a ride it is/was eh.

On one ship near Sydney I stayed awake and stood so called our own watch.. even took the stairs down as i heard rushing waters.

Near the main mess hall ( dining room) waters were coming in one side ( Starboard ) and going out the other side ( port ) dishes glasses etc were breaking.. the ship held up well.. and after the storm was the nicest blue sky..

So don't worry the Captains now are a lot more skilled and communication is ..well lets say better than before now.. :cool:

Also yes Communist China is great to see .. and does get quite frigid. I do wish they create more Time Zones than only one too!

Research ( Questions) has great benefits/rewards !;)

Hi, this may sound like a stupid questionm but I'm from downunder so have no idea.

So here goes-

I typically book cruises last minute if I see cheap prices. I'd hate to book something to find out I'm in the middle of a hurricane.:eek:

It was minus 25C in Beijing weeks before I left.:eek: Have to admit it was amazing though. I had the Great Wall to myself. I never would have gone if I'd known before though.

Thanks.

Dear sayaguru,

No question is ever stupid. They each and everyone is important or it would not be asked..

Cruises I so agree should be booked in your best advantages in cost basis.

Hello down under..

In the Atlantic Ocean here it will be peak H Season soon.

But we have been aboard a few ships which had to miss Ports as per the storms. What a ride it is/was eh.

On one ship near Sydney I stayed awake and stood so called our own watch.. even took the stairs down as i heard rushing waters.

Near the main mess hall ( dining room) waters were coming in one side ( Starboard ) and going out the other side ( port ) dishes glasses etc were breaking.. the ship held up well.. and after the storm was the nicest blue sky..

So don't worry the Captains now are a lot more skilled and communication is ..well lets say better than before now.. :cool:

Also yes Communist China is great to see .. and does get quite frigid. I do wish they create more Time Zones than only one too!

Research ( Questions) has great benefits/rewards !;)

So here goes-

Thanks.

So here goes-

Thanks.

The Atlantic hurricane season runs June 1 to November 30.

We have 6 months of dry season and 6 months of the wet season

Peak hurricane season is actually Sept 10. But August and September are usually the busiest months since the Atlantic waters are warming up. It is rare to get hurricanes in June but it has happened. Hurricane Wilma (one that caused huge damage) hit Florida Oct 24, 2005. The Atlantic waters start cooling in November and the storms fizzle out.

Edited by david_sobe

I live in Miami and my PCC calls me a few times a year informing me of the $99 cruise on the Sky. My DS is my cruising partner on the Sky and we are going on Friday the 19th on the 3 day. She works and lives in Tennessee. It would have been great to make it a B2B. It will be a plan next year when she retires.

So here goes-

Thanks.

Official hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th. But peak time is only from mid August to end of October, with the height of the peak around September 10th.

P.S. I also traveled to China earlier this year (not on a cruise :eek: I surprised myself! :D) and it was a wonderful trip.