Another OBC Question

abisha

Hi! I am reading a bunch of other posts in other OBC threads that people are cruising for practically nothing because their OBC amount is just a few dollars shy of what they paid at time of booking the cruise (fare plus tax) itself.

Example (I'm just using using random numbers here)

paid for cruise including tax: $523

received an OBC for: $500

Cruising for: $23

So, as I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, the OBC also is applied to the cruise fare? And not just what you purchase as far as excursions (pre-booked) and onboard stuff? That's what people are posting and leading me to believe, so I am confused with that.

I just booked my cruise for $300 and received a $200 OBC. I don't consider myself cruising for $100. I consider myself just receiving $200 off any excursions or other items that appear on my onboard account. I'm still paying $300.

What am I missing here or not getting?:confused:

Hi! I am reading a bunch of other posts in other OBC threads that people are cruising for practically nothing because their OBC amount is just a few dollars shy of what they paid at time of booking the cruise (fare plus tax) itself.

So, as I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, the OBC also is applied to the cruise fare? And not just what you purchase as far as excursions (pre-booked) and onboard stuff? That's what people are posting and leading me to believe, so I am confused with that.

I just booked my cruise for $300 and received a $200 OBC. I don't consider myself cruising for $100. I consider myself just receiving $200 off any excursions or other items that appear on my onboard account. I'm still paying $300.

What am I missing here or not getting?:confused:

I look at things the same way you do. I think it makes people feel better to think that they are taking a "free" trip! :cool:

What am I missing here or not getting?

Hi

You pay the price for the cruise, and they give you OBC to spend whilst on board for drinks, excursions etc the OBC amount comes off your bill at the end of the cruise. If you don't spend it all on that cruise you lose it.

Does that help?

Noddy

They ca

I look at things the same way you do. I think it makes people feel better to think that they are taking a "free" trip! :cool:

Thanks..I don't see any other way to look at it. Especially when you open your credit card bill and still see that your cruise fare hasn't gone away and is still the same amount as when you booked it! LOL!

Thanks..I don't see any other way to look at it. Especially when you open your credit card bill and still see that your cruise fare hasn't gone away and is still the same amount as when you booked it! LOL!

But there won't be anything extra added if all your charges on board are deducted from your account. Remember........ this also includes tips.

Most OBC is now refundable on Princess, so if you cruise a lot and don't spend much onboard you really could get a large amount of cash back at the end of the cruise. We have taken a couple of repositioning cruises where the OBC paid back half of the cruise cost. Think of this as a refund, not a credit against the cruise cost.

As others have said, Princess would prefer you spent the money onboard.