Specialty Restaurant-Ordering Info

holech

I know in the MDR you can order an extra appetizer, entree, etc. Can you do this in the specialty restaurants or are you limited to one appetizer, one entree etc. per person?

It depends on the restaurant. Most will let you do what ever you want. Some, such as Murano, limit to one entree. Read the menu carefully and ask the waiter if you have questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

It depends on the restaurant. Most will let you do what ever you want. Some, such as Murano, limit to one entree. Read the menu carefully and ask the waiter if you have questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

As glutenous is at may sound, both my husband and I had the lobster murano and also the Chateaubriand for two. I had ordered just one lobster murano to share, but they made one for each of us. I have never heard of being limited to one entree.

As glutenous is at may sound, both my husband and I had the lobster murano and also the Chateaubriand for two. I had ordered just one lobster murano to share, but they made one for each of us. I have never heard of being limited to one entree.

EWW we try to stay away from gluten, at least low carb when we can. Your meal sounds pretty gluten free!

An extra appetizer is no problem in any of the restaurants.

In Qsine or Silk Harvest extra entrees are the norm as they serve small plates and the procedure there is to order lots of different plates to share at the table.

Even at Tuscan grill I've seen people order extra entrees although more commonly they'd just order one entrée and maybe an extra entrée or two for the table to share such as a pasta entree to pass around.

But I think Muranos and the M class equivalent restaurants are a little different. I've heard of cases where they did not want to supply more than one entrée in the past but other reports I've read indicate no problem. Again it is more common to have an extra appetizer or other starter dish.

Keep in mind the entrees in Muranos are large and filling. Also they differ a lot from the main dining room as their dishes require a lot more individual preparation. Many of them are partially prepared in the kitchen and finished tableside in a process that takes a lot of time and effort. My point is that in the MDR if you ask for an extra entrée or two all the waiter has to do is grab an extra plate from the hundreds that I can imagine are staged and ready in the dining room as he passes through to pick up the orders. But in Muranos there is going to be a lot of individual preparation and work in making each fabulous entrée for you. So please keep this in mind when deciding to order extra.

One other thing: I'm a pretty big eater and I've never left Muranos less than totally full, and usually over full, on just one entrée. If you want to try different entrees I'd recommend ordering one and tasting your spouse or partners and then also returning another night.

Edited by Lsimon