Cheers: What 'non-standard' drinks are covered?

doconner

With the Cheers program there are many drinks that are either clearly included or clearly excluded from the program based on the terms below:

Beverages included in the package are:

· All spirits, including cocktails and frozen drinks, as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

· Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

Beverages excluded from the package are:

· Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

· Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

· Bottles of liquor

· Bottled water (offered at a 25% discount)

· Wine and champagne by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount)

· All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount – drinks count toward the 15 drink total per 24 hour period)

· Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

· Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage packages

· Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

· Beverages offered through Enomatic wine machines

· Coffee beverages and food items

· All other beverage-related packages including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars

It's clear that bottled water, floaters, and bottles of wine are not included, and equally clear that soda, cocktails, beers, and glasses of wine that are under $10 are included.

What I'm interested in seeing is a list of specific drinks that people have successfully ordered that fall in the nebulous area.

For instance, what specific non-alcoholic frozen cocktails have people ordered on the program. Looking at the bar menu on Zydeco Cruiser I see 4 listed under 'Icy Inventions' which clearly can be ordered as 'non-alcoholic', but is that the definitive list? Are their off-menu non-alcoholic frozen cocktails that can be ordered.

Are smoothies included or are they not? If not, what if I asked for a smoothie with a shot of rum?

Coffee beverages are on the excluded list, but I believe I've read somewhere on here that people have had a coffee & Baileys after dinner and it was covered in the program.

So my question is:

Outside of soda, beers, glasses of wine, and cocktails under $10, what specific drinks have you successfully ordered in the Cheers program?

Good question(s)! I'm cruising in 25 days and I would also like to know these answers! :)

I have ordered coffee with liquor (Baileys or something) at breakfast once - but I did not buy into the Cheers program then. I plan to this time.:D

With the Cheers program there are many drinks that are either clearly included or clearly excluded from the program based on the terms below:

It's clear that bottled water, floaters, and bottles of wine are not included, and equally clear that soda, cocktails, beers, and glasses of wine that are under $10 are included.

What I'm interested in seeing is a list of specific drinks that people have successfully ordered that fall in the nebulous area.

For instance, what specific non-alcoholic frozen cocktails have people ordered on the program. Looking at the bar menu on Zydeco Cruiser I see 4 listed under 'Icy Inventions' which clearly can be ordered as 'non-alcoholic', but is that the definitive list? Are their off-menu non-alcoholic frozen cocktails that can be ordered.

Are smoothies included or are they not? If not, what if I asked for a smoothie with a shot of rum?

Coffee beverages are on the excluded list, but I believe I've read somewhere on here that people have had a coffee & Baileys after dinner and it was covered in the program.

So my question is:

Outside of soda, beers, glasses of wine, and cocktails under $10, what specific drinks have you successfully ordered in the Cheers program?

You can get coffee in the MDR or Lido deck and then order a bailey's as part of the cheers program and put it in your coffee. Specialty coffees are not covered as part of the cheers progam, but you could also go a buy a specialty coffee and then go to a bar and order a baileys and put it in yourself. Smoothees are not covered under the program.

My guess is that you can order any drink from the bar with or without alcohol in it, so almost any drink should be covered under the program.

Last week on the Glory we ordered the Banana Split Smoothie two separate times and it was a non-alcoholic as part of CHEERS. We also ordered a non-alcoholic pina collada one day.

Your traditional milkshakes from the coffee/milkshake bar were not included. However, you could make any of the smoothies or non-alcoholic milk-shake like items included :) Or, add booze- still included!

Kim

Beverages included in the package are:

· All spirits, including cocktails and frozen drinks, as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

Specifically, it says "beer and wine by the glass". Does this mean that beer in cans and/or bottles is not included?

Beer in cans and bottles is covered.

I'd like to know if I could order an Irish coffee in the MDR.

I'm pretty sure you can because it not a specialty coffee. It's regular coffee with liquor, But I'm not sure. I would love to know also.

I didn't see Jaegerbombs listed anywhere... that's my poison of choice, but I saw shots of Jaeger and energy drinks, so they should be able to make one, but would they? and would it be covered under cheers? My immediate thoughts are no, but hopefully...?:cool:

Last week on my cruise' date=' DH asked for a bottle of beer. Waiter said he was only allowed to give beer in a glass.

Same goes for soda, I asked for a can... They refused and said soda only comes by the glass.[/quote']

That goes against everything I've seen and read. Was that the only time you asked?

That goes against everything I've seen and read. Was that the only time you asked?

No! First time we asked for bottles/cans was at the pool bar.

Next day, at a totally different bar we asked the bar staff, he too told us that under the Cheers program beer comes in glasses as well as soda.

The flyer that was given to me when I purchased the package states:

beer and wine by the glass...Doesn't mention soda :rolleyes:

Our cruise in July beer in bottles / cans was not an issue. We drank top shelf all week. Alchemy bar, included. Specialty drinks included. Sodas included. coffee with add-ins - included. Only thing we got charged for was water.

Cruise was on the Freedom.

No! First time we asked for bottles/cans was at the pool bar.

Next day' date=' at a totally different bar we asked the bar staff, he too told us that under the Cheers program beer comes in glasses as well as soda.

The flyer that was given to me when I purchased the package states:

beer and wine by the glass...Doesn't mention soda :rolleyes:[/quote']

What ship? I would have complained to bar manger, they were holding back a lot of your options!

:eek:

We were on the Conquest last week.

After we were told about glasses' date=' I observed how others were served. Each and everyone had "glasses". Only buckets of beer came in bottles.[/quote']

Dang, maybe it depends on the ship? I've read a few threads where people got beers and sodas and told the bartender not to open them, just hand 'em over, and they hoarded them, some took them off the boat in one of the ports to save money!

Dang, maybe it depends on the ship? I've read a few threads where people got beers and sodas and told the bartender not to open them, just hand 'em over, and they hoarded them, some took them off the boat in one of the ports to save money!

Maybe they got wind of this, and started a new rule. :rolleyes:

We weren't going to take the drinks off the ship, it was a sea day, so I don't know why they had to give it in plastic glasses... DH & I were thinking, maybe someone was injured or something. :confused:

I didn't see Jaegerbombs listed anywhere... that's my poison of choice, but I saw shots of Jaeger and energy drinks, so they should be able to make one, but would they? and would it be covered under cheers? My immediate thoughts are no, but hopefully...?:cool:

Sadly, the answer is no.

You can get the shot of Jäger but then you'd have to purchase the energy drink.

My drink of choice is Vodka Redbull so I bring a case of Redbull on with me and mix it with my vodka shot that's covered by Cheers!

Maybe they got wind of this' date=' and started a new rule. :rolleyes:

We weren't going to take the drinks off the ship, it was a sea day, so I don't know why they had to give it in plastic glasses... DH & I were thinking, maybe someone was injured or something. :confused:[/quote']

What kind of beer were you trying to order? They don't allow glass bottles on Lido deck, for safety reasons, so they pour the bottle into a plastic container. I actually appreciate this rule because I ended up in the infirmary after stepping on a piece of glass that came up through my shoe and I bled all over the place. Downstairs, you could get a bottle of beer. I was able to order unopened cans of beer every 5 minutes on Lido deck.

As far as unopened cans of soda, I had about a 50% success rate in getting unopened cans of soda. Of my successes, about half took a little convincing before I was able to get the can.

This was on the Conquest last week.