Safe gas station near Cape Liberty

daju22

We will be driving to Cape Liberty very early on a Sunday morning coming from Route 78. I've printed out the specific directions for Exit 14A.

Would you recommend a gas station near the port where we can fill up before parking at the port?

I see a Shell station on the corner of 40th and Ave. E. Is that gas station safe?

Maybe there is a gas station at South Cove Shopping Center? We are planning to stop there before going to the port.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping that the traffic will be light and that construction delays will not exist on a Sunday morning.

Judy

there is a 24 hour rest stop /gas station / diner exit 7 in bloomsbury off 78 (about 25 min) before you get to cape liberty Gas prices are descent plus you can grab something to eat or drink. There are 2 or 3 different stations

There's a rest stop on I-78 in Bethlehem, any reason not to stop there?

Hi Nitemare, Just wanted to get to the port early and relax in case there were traffic tie ups. Also will have gas filled up and ready when it's time to go home.

there is a 24 hour rest stop /gas station / diner exit 7 in bloomsbury off 78 (about 25 min) before you get to cape liberty Gas prices are descent plus you can grab something to eat or drink. There are 2 or 3 different stations

Thanks, amflor, will think about this rest stop. Is it easy on/off?

Like I said, just want to get to the port early and relax. Hopefully there won't be much traffic on Sunday AM.

We will be driving to Cape Liberty very early on a Sunday morning coming from Route 78. I've printed out the specific directions for Exit 14A.

Would you recommend a gas station near the port where we can fill up before parking at the port?

I see a Shell station on the corner of 40th and Ave. E. Is that gas station safe?

Maybe there is a gas station at South Cove Shopping Center? We are planning to stop there before going to the port.

Thanks for any help. I'm hoping that the traffic will be light and that construction delays will not exist on a Sunday morning.

Judy

How early do you want to get there and why?

Will probably get there around 9. Can get gas and have something to eat/drink before going to the port.

OK. Now I know what to tell you. The Shell station is at 40th Street and Avenue E. You can get your gas there after getting off the turnpike. Stay all the way to the left out of the tolls. This will put you on Avenue E. The Shell is about 14 blocks away on your left. You can then go to the Lighthouse Diner at Broadway and 31st Street. This would be my recommendation for breakfast on a Sunday morning. When you exit the Shell turn left and go to 31st Street and make a right. Go one block and make a left. The Lighthouse will be on your righthand side right after the intersection. There is street parking (no meters on Sunday) and a small lot behind the restaurant. It is easy to get to the port after that. Go back to Avenue E. One block east of Broadway. Go to 34th Street and make the right over the bridge. At the second light make a left and get into the right lane quickly and the entrance to the port is on your right. And if you want to stop in the shopping center just go straight through the light.

Edited by bayonnejoe

OK. Now I know what to tell you. The Shell station is at 40th Street and Avenue E. You can get your gas there after getting off the turnpike. Stay all the way to the left out of the tolls. This will put you on Avenue E. The Shell is about 14 blocks away on your left. You can then go to the Lighthouse Diner at Broadway and 31st Street. This would be my recommendation for breakfast on a Sunday morning. When you exit the Shell turn left and go to 31st Street and make a right. Go one block and make a left. The Lighthouse will be on your righthand side right after the intersection. There is street parking (no meters on Sunday) and a small lot behind the restaurant. It is easy to get to the port after that. Go back to Avenue E. One block east of Broadway. Go to 34th Street and make the right over the bridge. At the second light make a left and get into the right lane quickly and the entrance to the port is on your right. And if you want to stop in the shopping center just go straight through the light.

:D Thanks Bayonne Joe for the great advice! I'll find the Lighthouse diner on Google and print out the map and your directions. I really appreciate the time you took to help me out.

Judy

Edited by daju22

:D Thanks Bayonne Joe for the great advice! I'll find the Broadway diner on Google and print out the map. I really appreciate the time you took to help me out.

Judy

No! Not the Broadway Diner. You want the Lighthouse at 31st and Broadway. The Broadway Diner is a different place and would not be my first choice.

No! Not the Broadway Diner. You want the Lighthouse at 31st and Broadway. The Broadway Diner is a different place and would not be my first choice.

Yes, I caught my mistake and edited it to say Lighthouse. You read my answer too fast! Thanks again! :)