Desert Wine

pbsteve

Here is a link to their new wine list. http://www.shipcruise.org/carnival-cruise-wine-package-policy-list-prices/

Didn't much that looked like a dessert wine, except "Washington Hill" 2.5oz at size it has to be a sweet wine. Although there a moscato.

I don't know if its the same, but worth a try, since it'll be part of cheers anyway. I think I'll stop off and get 2 bottles of Ice wine before I go if I can find any, wineries around here sell out on release day.

the "sweet" white wines usually aren't even close, ice wine's and late harvest usually taste almost like syrup sweetness.

Edited by pbsteve

I believe the Washington Hill is a late harvest (on the dessert mdr menu), though I don't recall ever seeing a ice wine anywhere on the ship. I think since it is so pricey they may not have it on regular menu, may be in the steakhouse. I also enjoy ice wine;)

If you've never had ice wine, you may not know what it is, it's made from frozen grapes picked in the middle of winter. Usually they're only sold in half bottles, in fact I've never seen them in any other kind other than 1/4 bottles. I had a feeling carnival might not have it, since the cheapest actual ice wine I've found is 50 for a half bottle. There's a lot of "icewine" that's not true ice wine though, made from cold but not frozen grapes, or grapes that were frozen after picking, but it tastes no where near the same. The winery here won't have it till Oct 8th, we sail this sunday, luckily I'll be able to make the 3 hour drive for my maximum 2 bottles when it releases, since it sells out in 2 days. Thank you for your help though everyone. I hope your right and they have something similar... or its the beer buckets for me

Edited by pbsteve