Printing E-tickets

don26

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }a:link { } Has anybody had any problems printing an E-ticket Thomsons send following an on-line booking?

I have successfully printed them previously, but I have tried to print the latest one 3 times, & each time, the printer has stopped halfway down page 2, & nothing I can do will move it on.

My printer has no problem printing any other multi-page documents & I am convinced that the file Thomsons has sent me is corrupt.

I am going into my local Thomsons shop on Thursday to ask them to print the E-ticket for me, but what's the betting they will want to charge me £10 or so. Any thoughts anybody?

If that's where you booked - refuse to pay as surely they are required to make sure you receive tickets as part of their contract with you. If you didn't book there then I imagine that they would want to charge you.

Failing that I guess you need to get in touch with Thomson to get them to send an uncorrupted file or send the tickets to you. Don't remember anyone else reporting this problem on here before. Good luck!

They only briefly looked at page 1 and were more interested in the home printed airline boarding pass

I agree davecttr, from my experience, the other pages are just waffle.

Thanks to all other contributors for your input.

I will see how my local Thomsons handle this. I can always sweet-talk my friends to use their pc/printer & then I will know whether it's Thomsons corrupt file or my printer/pc.

Even though I booked my cruise in-store Thomson's for this year I still printed off my e-tickets and boarding passes at home. No problems.

However when I booked in-store Thomson's again for next year the assistant said to just come in at the appropriate times and they would print off the e-tickets and boarding passes free of charge as this was one of the benefits of booking in-store. I'll probably still print off at home but it was good to have the option.

Do you get an email from Thomsons with a link to print everything off. We're on the Majesty on the 10th Oct, but not had anything from Thomsons yet.
We have ours Dave :) The email came while we were away on Fire and Ice. Last time though, we had to wait until about two weeks before and that was only after chasing Thomson for them :rolleyes:

I agree davecttr, from my experience, the other pages are just waffle.

Thanks to all other contributors for your input.

I will see how my local Thomsons handle this. I can always sweet-talk my friends to use their pc/printer & then I will know whether it's Thomsons corrupt file or my printer/pc.

I didn't print all the pages, only the first which was the ticket and the last when we were going from Newcastle as that was the parking ticket.

You will have to print your boarding card a couple of weeks before you travel so the other stuff then becomes irrelevant. But take it anyway in case of problems.:rolleyes::)

Do you get an email from Thomsons with a link to print everything off. We're on the Majesty on the 10th Oct, but not had anything from Thomsons yet.

I think it depends where you book. We have never had an email from Thomsons (or a call re cabin upgrades) but we book through an independent local TA who prints everything out for us if required and does not charge £25 despite beating the online price. This year I did print the boarding passes myself but they said if you have any problems we will do it for you. If we don't want to travel to the shop it can all be done over the phone and tickets posted out.

can you print your tickets from the my thomson website?

login link here

https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f

Tried that yesterday, and we couldn't. We booked in a Thomson shop. Compared to the other cruises we've been on, booking excursions, checking in online etc. seems to be a bit of a farce with Thomsons. Booked excursions ages ago, logged on a few weeks back just to check more excursions hadn't come up. non of the excursions we booked showed up online under our login. Phoned Thomsons, ohh they don't show up once you've booked them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest folks do a print preview before churning out unnecessary sheets of paper.

The alleged "tickets" we received for Fjordland Splendours in July ran to 7 pages, only the first (boarding pass) and last (car park voucher) were required, the rest (as pointed out above) are needless.

I heard that Thomsons shops were trying to justify charging for printing tickets on the grounds that they were using up too many colour cartridges.

No prizes for suggesting a simple way to reduce that by 70% (ish) !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan