Tricks/Tips/Secrets to get the most out of Cheers Program

geoburm

We are going on the Sunshine in November and are planning on getting the Cheers program and was wondering if anybody had any good tips/tricks/secrets they would not mind sharing on how to get the most out of the Cheers program, whether it be financially, drinkwise or whatever. I have read most of the threads for the Cheers program, but, really have not seen that many with tips/tricks/secrets for the Cheers program.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We are going on the Sunshine in November and are planning on getting the Cheers program and was wondering if anybody had any good tips/tricks/secrets they would not mind sharing on how to get the most out of the Cheers program, whether it be financially, drinkwise or whatever. I have read most of the threads for the Cheers program, but, really have not seen that many with tips/tricks/secrets for the Cheers program.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you are having a light night you and whoever else is on the program grab a beer every 5 mins till you max out and put them in the fridge so if you have a day your limit is reached you have back up... Its been done.

If you are having a light night you and whoever else is on the program grab a beer every 5 mins till you max out and put them in the fridge so if you have a day your limit is reached you have back up... Its been done.

As a side note on this, I read where people do this, then take beer off at HMC. We will be doing this in April.

They don't open the beer before they give it to you?

Stay hydrated and avoid acetaminophen (Excedrin and Tylenol) at all cost. If you really want to protect your liver take milk thistle and alpha lipoic acid every day. I am the voice of experience. I love beer and bourbon.

That is great advice about the $5.00 match play and the classic cocktails. I am here to tell you "The Cruizer" is mmm mmm good.

$5 match play is the way to go!! On our 7 day on the Dream in December 2013, my wife and I accumulated 43 of them. That is $215 in match play. I pulled out the matching money in chips and played all 43 of them. When I was done, I had 24 wins for a profit of $120. Which was promptly spent on a watch for the wife:eek::rolleyes:

I LOVE this Carnival promotion!! I imagine if your really tried, you could almost pay for the Cheers program if the cards were right and you only drank the qualifying drinks.:D

I like this idea. Even in an ice bucket if you don't have a fridge, it would be good to have some beers in the room when I am there instead of going up to get one.

Now if it wasn't illegal to smoke outside on a balcony.... sheesh. That would be perfect.:(

great idea about taking them to HMC. My kids bought the cheers program but it is NOT good on HMC. They paid around 30+ for a bucket of beer. Next time i will tell them to put a couple away each day and take them with us.

Edited by thomarvin

Besides beer, what else can I take back to my room unopened? I don't drink beer at all but I like to have a drink in my room when getting ready for dinner and I really like the idea of carrying something off the ship to drink at Half Moon Cay. Do they have wine coolers or mike's hard lemonade or something like that?

Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response. I've been on the fence about whether to get the cheers program. I can't imagine that I'll drink more than 5 or 6 drinks most days but I usually get the soda card anyway and if I can set aside a few Mike's for the island too, then it seems worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response. I've been on the fence about whether to get the cheers program. I can't imagine that I'll drink more than 5 or 6 drinks most days but I usually get the soda card anyway and if I can set aside a few Mike's for the island too, then it seems worth it.

You can also ask them for an unopened can of Coke, Sprite etc. some might not give it to you, but some will.

Also, with the match play. I am thinking even if you dont want to drink anymore/dont want an extra canned or bottled drink, you could order some extras just to get the coupon. Won't cost you anything more to request an extra cocktail and you have $5 to use for an increased bet.

You can also get a Bailey's to mix with your coffee for after dinner in the MDR.

Yes, I did it one night on our cruise in December. This time I'm going to do it every night I have drinks left. I took 2 beers and an angry orchard back to the cabin :)

Great. I was going to ask about angry orchard or some other type of cider beer, which is the only kind I drink. So I can order them throughout the day, unopened and store them?? Can you get buckets of cider using Cheers?