Hint when booking Inside cabins

kruisey

At least you will have a place close by to exchange your money.

Oh dear I meant there is a BLANK space above on the Aloha deck.

Oh well at least I won't be knocking myself out each nite while getting in and out of my twin bed:eek:Just seen a picture on the web and those things jut out over the bed even when closed.

Gee whiz what a lucky escape I have had.;) At least I have warned some of you that were as ignorant as I was.

So pleased that rdsqrl(Sorry don't have your name) told as all the way to check

these cabins out..:)

Patty, you're looking in the booking engine. The procedure I described works only on the ship's deck plans in the general ship information section of the website. Hence why I said that one has to have two windows/tabs open when actually shopping for a cabin, so you can check what's showing available against the entire deck plan. Hope this clarifies it for you.

And a big "you're very welcome" to everyone.

But it's not the most efficient way of figuring out which are the 3/4 passenger cabins. Yes, this way you'll see which ones you'll want to avoid if you don't want the extra beds...but it's an additional step. The previous method (that's still being utilize in the new Cruise Atlas) with the bullets and triangles will immediately show the cabins with the pull down/out beds.

Another great thread.....

From what I read here these cabins aren't an issue if the beds are in the twin configuration?

I see that our cabin on the Caribbean Princess next year is one of the OOV with 4 beds. Since I am sailing with my SIL and with twin beds I guess we will be okay and it is better than an inside cabin :)

Another great thread.....

From what I read here these cabins aren't an issue if the beds are in the twin configuration?

I see that our cabin on the Caribbean Princess next year is one of the OOV with 4 beds. Since I am sailing with my SIL and with twin beds I guess we will be okay and it is better than an inside cabin :)

You are correct. If the uppers fold down from the side walls, they protrude into the cabin due to the thickness of the mattress when closed. You can bump your head on them if the lowers are in queen configuration. If you have the lowers split into twins, then the access to them is from the center of the cabin, not the sides, so no problem.

The cabins that have the beds drop down from the ceiling, of course, don't have this problem. Not sure if the ceilings are lower in these cabins, though, which might be a concern for very tall passengers.

You are correct. If the uppers fold down from the side walls, they protrude into the cabin due to the thickness of the mattress when closed. You can bump your head on them if the lowers are in queen configuration. If you have the lowers split into twins, then the access to them is from the center of the cabin, not the sides, so no problem.

The cabins that have the beds drop down from the ceiling, of course, don't have this problem. Not sure if the ceilings are lower in these cabins, though, which might be a concern for very tall passengers.

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on the pictures I have found it doesn't look like it will be a problem for us.

• 2 months later...
The information is clearly available on the deck plans on Princess's website; you just have to have it up in a different tab/window while you're browsing actual cabins for sale. It's really not complicated; I'm kind of surprised I have to keep posting this same information over and over. I guess some of you would rather believe in a vast conspiracy on the part of Princess. Whatever.

Along the banner strip at the top of the webpage, under the tab "Learn About Cruising," click on "Cruise Ships" and select the ship you're interested in and then select Deck Plans. Once the deck plan opens up, choose the passenger deck you're interested in, and a box with two tabs will appear: "Staterooms" and "Public Rooms." If you click on Staterooms tab, there will be a blue-shaded line with the word "Passengers:" followed by a drop-down menu. Select 3 or 4 on that and the double cabins on the deck plan will immediately white-out, leaving in colour only those that accommodate 3 or 4 people. You can switch between different accommodation decks and your selection of 3 or 4 will remain in force. It really couldn't be easier.

This also works for Disabled Accessible Cabins in my experience. HTH.

Crochetcruise :cool: