When to book?

kittencruiser

Hello, I have only done one cruise a few years ago so new to all this!

We have seen a cruise we'd like to book for next april from port canaveral, leaves on the 26th x 4 nights :) is there a good time to book? as in now or hold off, also what is price drop, do I have to book through specific companies to get this?:confused:

Hello, I have only done one cruise a few years ago so new to all this!

We have seen a cruise we'd like to book for next april from port canaveral, leaves on the 26th x 4 nights :) is there a good time to book? as in now or hold off, also what is price drop, do I have to book through specific companies to get this?:confused:

If you are hoping to receive on board credit for a price drop (when the Carnival lowers the price of your specific category of room) you will need to book Early Saver and have paid in full. If the price drop happens before you pay in full you may ask for a reduction in your own fair. Late April should be part of the "lower" season since it is after most spring breaks and before the summer upswing. No one has a crystal ball to say "yes its gonna' happen" but I would think the prices should be a bit lower at that time. As for booking with a specific company... Carnival does not allow for TAs or others to discount their prices lower than what they line offers. However there are some TAs that may offer other perks like OBC or bottle of bubbly...

Personally, when I know I want to take a cruise and am ready to book, I will book. I know that prices might drop, but I am comfortable with the fact that they may not. When I book, I book through Carnival because I am familiar with their process, have never tried a TA, but again this is a personal decision not a recommendation. If I knew I wanted to cruise at the end of April and was ready to book now, I would book now. Others have had success with deals like "Pack and Go", but I am too much of a type A to let that happen so I say, do what you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps.

Happy sailing

Traditionally, most people that are cruising Europe book 12-24 months out. Caribbean cruises 6-12 months out, Alaska 18-12 months out.

So right now you are in the time period that most people would have or will be booking a caribbean cruise. If you know which & when I'd do it now, especially if there is a deck, cabin type or placement that you really want.

Enjoy your cruise.