Carnival Victory: Football games on Sundays ?

qianabb

They should at least be available in the sports bar (depending on ship) but this is a vacation- who needs football?? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, but my hubby doesn't see it that way either.:D:) He is already on the verge of a heart attack at just the thought of not getting to see his team play when we cruise in November.

They may get two games, whatever signal they are picking up for Fox and CBS. Plus the Sunday nighter.

As for "why watch football, you're on vacation", do you not do the things you love to do when you're on vacation, or do you avoid the things you like? While I'm more of a hockey fan, I think it would be pretty spectacular to lie on a lounge chair in the blazing sun with a beverage at the lido pool and watch an NFL game on the big screen.

They played a football game on the big movie screen by the pool on our January Victory cruise. But it was the AFC Championship game. I don't know if they do that for regular season games.

ETA: On Sensation a couple of weeks ago, they were playing the college games at the Polo Lounge.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Carnival signed a deal to show NFL games so they will be on if there is a sports bar on your ship. However, they may only get a couple of games depending on what local feeds they get so you may not get the game you want to see.

It probably won't be the Bengals or 49ers 😔

JH posted that they will only play the games in sports bars and not giant screens because of the movies played on them.

I was thinking it may be that way on all of the ships. I just got off the Sunshine this past Saturday from an 8-day sailing. There were 3 days of NFL during the sailing (Sunday games, Mon night and Thurs night) and all of those games were shown in the sports bar. No football games were shown on the giant lido deck screen.

The tv's in the cabins showed the games too, but I know football fans like to watch with others. Will have to go to the sports bar for that. And if you don't get there early, you will be standing because it gets packed quick.

Dee

Edited by deetrayn
error

We love football and cruising.... and together is just awesome!

We've cruised the past 4 years in January during play-offs and games have always been either poolside on the big screen or in the sports bar. They've also been on in the room :)

It probably won't be the Bengals or 49ers 😔

Who's got it better than us?? Nooooobody!! :D:D

I hear this at least a million times during football season! I finally got him to start saying, "Who's got it better than me??" I reply with "Nooooobody honey!!" :D:)

We cruised during the superbowl a couple years ago on Triumph. They had huge extras like you could bet on squares/each team had specials drinks/they brought finger food out to big screen you could get.....It was actually pretty cool and fun...especially the funny commercials also watching by the pool....

We cruised during the superbowl a couple years ago on Triumph. They had huge extras like you could bet on squares/each team had specials drinks/they brought finger food out to big screen you could get.....It was actually pretty cool and fun...especially the funny commercials also watching by the pool....

That sounds like fun !