Navigator Suite Question

LoveChops

Hi

Just received our suite confirmation. We booked an H Category GTY Window Suite and have just found out we are in Suite 529 G Category Window, Deck 5.

Anyone have any views on this - good or bad, I'd rather be prepared!!

It's very close to the Compass Rose restaurant.

I'd appreciate any views - we go on Sunday, 1 night in NYC then a 10 night cruise to New England and Canada and we are SO excited now :)

Thanks!

I have never been on navigator but have booked for November this year.

it is opposite where the crew have an access door( someone on here told me).if you worry about doors shutting when resting/ sleeping ( like I do) it MAY be a problem.But I am sure someone on here will be able able to put your mind at rest.On the good side it looks like a larger then average room.They are a good buy as well.

Have a good trip and report back please!

I've been on a Navigator 3 times but never on 5. So, my comment is based on general info about the area of your suite. I don't think you will have a problem from CR. People will come down stairs or elevator and head to CR. They will have no reason to head down your hall.

Hi

Just received our suite confirmation. We booked an H Category GTY Window Suite and have just found out we are in Suite 529 G Category Window, Deck 5.

Anyone have any views on this - good or bad, I'd rather be prepared!!

It's very close to the Compass Rose restaurant.

I'd appreciate any views - we go on Sunday, 1 night in NYC then a 10 night cruise to New England and Canada and we are SO excited now :)

Thanks!

We were on Deck 5, suite 526, on the Navigator last year for the Alaska cruise. We liked our suite so much that we booked the exact same suite for the 2015 Autumn Journey (New York to Montreal). We didn't really care if there was a balcony because we figured it would be too chilly to sit out on a balcony anyway (we were correct on that on the Alaska cruise). We are also on the side of the ship that we would be able to see any land when we're out to sea.

Deck 5 Window Suite G is better than Deck 6 Window Suite G because Deck 6 Window Suite G has a walkway outside that the crew walks down and can look into your window if the drapes are open. Deck 5 Window Suite G looks directly onto the water (no crew walkway).

The big area across from suite 529 is where the cabin attendants come and go. It is not noisy at all. There is no noise from the Compass Rose to the suite area. As PP noted most people who are getting off the elevator are going to the Compass Rose. We like the proximity of the Compass Rose to our suite.

I'm guessing this is the same cruise that you are going on except we are going in October 2015. I'd be interested in what excursions you recommend.

Edited by DixieDeer