Just off Vision my lovely! Nice ship!

Bar issue they have firmly under control. Up at the pool bar they had 3 small table bars selling beer soda and some mixed drinks no wait. Reg. pool basic wait generally went to solarium bar no real wait.

d7fcc589804fbe166655c32ff5434688.jpg

Staff was awesome! They helped to honor my birthday request of having MDR menu items brought to my JS 8088!

JS 8088 so rocks! [emoji41] [emoji1]

Vision is not Allure young, but she is excellent!

Anyone leaving for the Caribbean and hate the humidity, bring battery fans! You basically need powe tools to cut through the humidity!

901b568fa5f1dad5328a033ecc0b3c54.jpg

Food was fine! If you want fresh to order cooking head to the specialty resturants. I must say the Prime Rib brought and at the WJ was great!

The weather gods were smiling on us the whole trip! Beyond calm seas! Watched 2 storms in our wake during the trip! I might have to say I am now an aft snob! If your leaving on Vision you will have a great time. [emoji1]

Post a real report when I get home! [emoji41]

Bar issue they have firmly under control. Up at the pool bar they had 3 small table bars selling beer soda and some mixed drinks no wait. Reg. pool basic wait generally went to solarium bar no real wait.

Staff was awesome! They helped to honor my birthday request of having MDR menu items brought to my JS 8088!

JS 8088 so rocks! [emoji41] [emoji1]

Vision is not Allure young, but she is excellent!

Food was fine! If you want fresh to order cooking head to the specialty resturants. I must say the Prime Rib brought and at the WJ was great!

The weather gods were smiling on us the whole trip! Beyond calm seas! Watched 2 storms in our wake during the trip! I might have to say I am now an aft snob! If your leaving on Vision you will have a great time. [emoji1]

Post a real report when I get home! [emoji41]

That's great to hear!!! I am so looking forward to my cruise and making it a great one! Also, looking forward to your "real report" :)

Glad you had a nice cruise. What was your itinerary? How many port of call did you have? Did you go on any shore excursions? How long was your cruise? Where did you embark/disembark?

Jim it was Fort Lauderdale to Roatan and Cozumel and back to Fort Lauderdale. It was a 5 nighter!

Roatan I did little French Key! Just amazing, and I highly recommend it! If you google it or trip advisor, or even here in the Caribbean port section you will find a wealth of information. Again I will sit down today to get pix's organized so I can get them uploaded. You will not find LFK on RCI excursion list. The family wants to keep it word of mouth, and it was not over crowed. They have different packages you can buy, and transportation was included. It is about a 20 min ride to Frenchy's 44 which is the launching deck to the island!

I did Nachi CoCom Beach Resort in Cozumel, and another beyond slice of heaven. Just amazing and they treated me like a Queen for a day! Excellent way to get my 50th birthday started!

Some posters reported that Captain Marek Slaby took the command of Vision on 8/23/14

Yes; it is Marek Slably as the Captain, and I believe his 3 trip on the boat, but Marek has been with RCI for 10+ years! 2nd in charge leaves next month to be Captain, and I forget which ship. Captain Marek was great! I felt like we were in great professional, capable and fun hands to make it a wonderful and safe journey. Steve Davis was the cruise director, and he again brought it, so that was amazing with Marvin.

I know we were about .30 minutes late leaving both ports, but the Captain said we had everyone.

Liz rotate out to vacation at the end of August.

The ship is great, I truly believe you don't have to worry! Everything was great! The staff that I needed to talk to were very pleasant and accommodating. Guest Services and Room Services went above and beyond to send up MDR food to my JS for my birthday dinner!

Glad you enjoyed

I like vision

Who was the captain. Liz?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes; it is Marek Slably as the Captain, and I believe his 3 trip on the boat, but Marek has been with RCI for 10+ years! 2nd in charge leaves next month to be Captain, and I forget which ship. Captain Marek was great! I felt like we were in great professional, capable and fun hands to make it a wonderful and safe journey. ..........

The ship is great, I truly believe you don't have to worry! Everything was great! The staff that I needed to talk to were very pleasant and accommodating. Guest Services and Room Services went above and beyond to send up MDR food to my JS for my birthday dinner!

HI,

Karen, thank you for your observations and review.

I am reading it with more than just the casual interest because we will be cruising on Vision soon.

I have read some other comments about captain Marek and all the posters were so happy with him, one even wrote that he got a very good voice - maybe he was singing ?

I am surprised that he will go to another ship so soon - he just started as a Captain on the Vision ( I know he has a lot of experience).

Thanks again for your review.

PS. Did you see any cameos in Roatan ? I wanted to buy some present for someone and I know there is a 'factory' there.

Edited by wieslaw

Yes; it is Marek Slably as the Captain, and I believe his 3 trip on the boat, but Marek has been with RCI for 10+ years! 2nd in charge leaves next month to be Captain, and I forget which ship. Captain Marek was great! I felt like we were in great professional, capable and fun hands to make it a wonderful and safe journey. ..........

HI,

I am reading it with more than just the casual interest because we will be cruising on Vision soon.

I have read some other comments about captain Marek and all the posters were so happy with him, one even wrote that he got a very good voice - maybe he was singing ?

I am surprised that he will go to another ship so soon - he just started as a Captain on the Vision ( I know he has a lot of experience).

PS. Did you see any cameos in Roatan ? I wanted to buy some present for someone and I know there is a 'factory' there.

I think you misunderstood, Captain Marek Slably is not leaving the VI the Staff Captain is. Edited by FLACRUISER99

HI,

Wiselaw you got it a tad mixed Captain Marek is staying for the next 6 months! The 2nd in charge Captain right hand person is leaving in a month for his start as a Captain! I forget which ship he has been assigned to!

Singing yes, I believe he did well during Welcome aboard via Captain and flag of nations. He just seems to have a very warm professional, but but funny personality.

I wasn't really looking but I bet they do! Might have to get a way from the port to find! I might suggest to go over to the Roatan port forum and post the same question! I might also suggest to look up cause the name escapes me that awesome tour company hire them for the day for all activities, and they will know where to take you to get what you need!

Thanks for the info. Vision is in our future!

Pix from aft balcony;

951a95ab7ed8dce0a11a28b7defd997c.jpg

Pix from Nachi CoCom

38dfb8968c9b589218c5e8b2c589f9d6.jpg

Arrival pix to Little French Key

c0f77661ae6c33acd21c22535e851e1a.jpg

Sunset I believe leaving Roatan

33c9fe7e832cd160cc87ac619a80bdfc.jpg

Vision

42b1edb7dc4a3511179e8e04dad952bc.jpg

Please to both of you, and all please keep checking back for a full report with pix's, but I am about to leave to pick up dogs, so hopefully Monday afternoon or evening it should be posted!

Edited by Justmekaren918

I think you misunderstood, Captain Marek Slably is not leaving the VI the Staff Captain is.

[quote=Justmekaren918;44177011

Wiselaw you got it a tad mixed Captain Marek is staying for the next 6 months! The 2nd in charge Captain right hand person is leaving in a month for his start as a Captain! I forget which ship he has been assigned to!

Thank you Flacruiser and thanks Karen !

Sorry I missed the 2nd in charge.

Perhaps the Staff Captain that will be going to another ship is Staff Captain Krzysztof - he has been with RCI for a long time and on the Vision for few years.

We had a chance to meet him on one of our cruises - a very profesional and nice gentleman.

Karen, I appreciate all the info.

BTW - Happy Birthday

Edited by wieslaw

Happy belated 50th birthday Karen. I am also celebrating my 50th birthday on board the Vision on September 25th and we too are in room 8088. Small world!! Looking forward to our cruise even more so, after reading your post.

Soccermom1 congrats on your 50th.

You are going to love the cabin and balcony. I used the wrapped portion to eat my dinner in peace, since the whole aft was out watching the sunset off my side.

Please if you decide to dine on the balacony that night; please make sure to go to the electronic board figure out what you want to eat that night, I went to Guests services; since I had multiple things they could help me with, but maybe just calling Room Service in the am to arrange MDR food brought to the room. I get the feeling they are more acceptive of doing it if you are not making the order during rush time, and when I went down it was before the lunch crush!

There is the table; perfect for 1

5d44c089dd398e900c9dc1b2c20c2ec3.jpg

There are 2 chairs 2 loungers on the balcony! The bed is not the best! If you are a humidity hater pack 2 battery fans I found mine on Amazon. The AC works but no real air movement. Please know there is only 1 grounded/outlet in the cabin! There is a vibration, and it varies. Docking make sure if anything breakable I might suggest to make sure it is in a self that has a front or not near an edge! You will not miss docking anywhere. It must have to do with the old propulsion system. I never woke up during Brilliance docking. There are a lot of hangers and storage. Don't forget about the shelf closet at door to cabin. I missed Brilliance shelf mirror vanity in the bathroom. But there are a bunch at the desk on Vision, so plan to think out of the box on how to work things.

If you can over look the tiny little flaws the rewards are beyond big. The balcony is beyond the best. Enjoy! [emoji41] [emoji1] [emoji568] [emoji4]

Karen,

Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated!

Too all going on Vision deck 9 is really slippery around solarium area and even in the bathrooms and that is with good sneakers on[emoji15] ! Beware[emoji11] ! I can count at least on one hand how many times I almost went down[emoji32]! I don't know what it is about those tiles, but they don't like me or something; because it was really bad for me[emoji33].

Soccermom1

I wished I had some of this info. to prepare better! I would of given anything for a fan. I was looking for one in ports. I am mostly likely sure you can't turn that outlet into 4 or if you do only do it for very short periods of time in the cabin. Juggling trying to power 5 things was nuts. The outlet is beyond in an annoying place. If you are having to charge an electronic cigarette you are going to have to do it sideways, because it will not charge lengthwise. Cabinet is in the way. I really don't think you can order RS through the tv; like on Radiance class or above.

Again some of these things are the time when she was built. Again you take minor things to have that amazing unobstructed view; private on the wrap view!

Do they provide small bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom or is it the all in one in the shower? Trying to decide if I need to pack conditioner.

Thanks for all your help!

Non-suite staterooms only get 2 bars of soap and the combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.