Saint Johns,NB -Bay Of Fundy Choices????

Our cruise ship will be in Saint Johns, NB on Oct. 9 from 10am-6pm. We are renting a car and are interested in seeing the Bay of Fundy. What would you recommend to see in the time we have (7hrs.-need to be back by 5pm) of the three choices below:

1-Drive to Saint Martins Sea Caves & Fundy Parkway

2-Drive to Alma,NB & Alma Lobster Shack

3-Drive to Hopewell Rocks

Thanks

Curious - where are you renting the car from? I am looking to rent a car in Saint John and am having trouble finding a location near the cruise terminal.

Avis - Saint John, NB, Saint John,

4 Water Street, Saint John, NB CA

(E2L 2A5 )

506-634-7750

Sun 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM

- 12:00 PM

Contact Us

Reservations & Avis.com Assistance 1-800-230-4898

Suggest that you check the tide tables as part of decision making. If the tides are high at the times that you can get to St. Martin or Hopewell, that might make those options less appealing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Forums mobile app

Our cruise ship will be in Saint Johns, NB on Oct. 9 from 10am-6pm. We are renting a car and are interested in seeing the Bay of Fundy. What would you recommend to see in the time we have (7hrs.-need to be back by 5pm) of the three choices below:

1-Drive to Saint Martins Sea Caves & Fundy Parkway

2-Drive to Alma,NB & Alma Lobster Shack

3-Drive to Hopewell Rocks

Thanks

Hi,

I'd highly recommend choice #1. My husband and I rented a car when we were on a cruise last fall and drove to Saint Martins and the Fundy Trail Parkway. We had considered driving to Hopewell Rocks but decided against it because it's a long drive and we didn't want to take a chance of not getting back to the ship in time. We had a wonderful day and the scenery along the parkway was beautiful. Since we weren't sure how long it would take to visit the trailway, we stopped at the Interpretive Center first, drove to the furthest point in the park, and then stopped at all the scenic overlooks as we worked our way back to the entrance.

We stopped briefly at the Sea Caves before driving along the Fundy Parkway and then stopped back at the Sea Caves and had lunch at the Caves Restaurant before driving back to Saint John.

According to the tide charts for Saint Martins on October 9, low tide will be at approximately 7:00 a.m. and 7:25 p.m. and high tide will be at approximately 1:10 p.m. I would not hesitate to do this day trip even though you won't see the tide at it's lowest. We weren't able to see low tide and still had a great day!

Here's a link to the Fundy Trail Parkway with maps and pictures:

http://www.fundytrailparkway.com/

Mary

Edited by marys350