Transfer NOLA to MSY Airport ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

We've not had experience using NCL Transfers (used Princess many times - they seem to work OK for us - don't mind sitting on the bus until it fills up)

Returning on the NCL Dawn to NOLA on January 18, 2015 - wondering about taking a NCL transfer from the port - or just hiring a taxi to get to the MSY airport

(Return flight doesn't leave until 2:00 PM)

THANKS

Edited by I'll cruise anywhere

Since you do not mind the bus thing, that works.

We are big taxi folks. Just get in and go. Usually less cost than the transfer.

I will be boarding on the 18th of January and have already purchased my transfer from from The Dawn to the airport.

Taxi from the port to airport is $32 for two and luggage. There will be hundreds of cabs lined up and you should be at the airport within 30 minutes of getting in the cab. It's flat rate and painless. I would do that before the shuttle every time. Tip the cabby $5 and your good to go.

NOLA taxis are highly regulated. No fear of rip off. Avoid the transfer and take the taxi. 20-25 minute ride no wait.

Not exactly true. I paid $50 for a ride after my Spirit cruise because my DH didn't use common sense and refuse the "cab" and demand a properly liveried one.

Take the normal precautions of checking the cab before loading your luggage... same as everywhere else but Hong Kong. ;)

We stayed the night before at a hotel near the airport. We had a taxi pick us up there and took us to the terminal.

We did the walk off with our bags and were the first one's in line at the taxi stand. I believe it was a fixed price ($32) each way. No hassles and no problems.