A question about 100 shares CCL

michelle.zhang.90

This application form says "shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date". Thus as Paul said applying after final payment meets that requirement & since enforcing this procedure applications are being approved within hours or a couple do days. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=317604&d=1403910758

Thanks. I know I filed one year & they rejected it because it was to early & I didn't remember why.

Thanks. I know I filed one year & they rejected it because it was to early & I didn't remember why.

You're welcome & if you're not aware of it when faxing it's more like an email & not a piece of paper. If you don't see it on your Cruise Personalizer's Payments & Credits within a few days, I'd suggest calling them (800 872 6779 ext 30317) & to tell them the date, time & phone number used so they can search for your request.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='shepp']Which means the price is just about where it was 4 years ago, while the Dow is up by 50%, as is the net asset value of my moderate risk Vanguard Wellington Fund (which, as does CCL, also pays out dividends).

So if you have no regard for the actual equity in the investment, intend to let it sit at your broker's until you die, and know you'll be sailing at least a few weeks a year, every year, CCL looks like a good deal. But - to use my four year example - you would have to get $450 a year in stockholder OBCs (meaning being onboard, depending the length of each cruise, from 4 to 8 weeks every year) since 10/10 to make it a better investment than buying Wellington and just cashing out $300 or 400 a year and using that toward cruise expenses, should you end up cruising.

While past performance is no guarantee of etc., would anybody here who doesn't cruise at Pia's level, or who wasn't lucky enough to get in at the absolute bottom, seriously argue that CCL has been a great investment over the last four or five bull-market years?[/QUOTE]

I purchased in 2010. The value of the stock and dividends has been about 12% over that time. Better then CDs. However, the value I have received in OBC during that time has been $2350 or about 60% of purchase value. Together between dividends, stock appreciation and OBC my return has been about 72%. Another nice thing is that the 60% return is tax free. Edited by RDC1