Getting from Port of New Orleans to the Airport

vent1020

I'm one for trying to search for answers before posting a question, but I can't seem to find answers to my question.

I'm curious to what people's opinions are about how to get from the port(after the cruise) to the airport. Do most of you use the transfers service through NCL? Is a cab the way to go? Or do you book a shuttle through an independent agent?

I'm trying to plan how to get to the airport from the port after our cruise. I know on NCL's website for their transfer it says "For cruise-only guests booking your own return flights, we suggest a departure time no less than six hours after the announced arrival time of the ship." Well our flight leaves at 12:45, which is 4 hours and 45 minutes after the ship arrives. So, not sure if the NCL transfer shuttle is the way to go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by vent1020

My opinion is the cruise transfer is much higher priced, and takes much longer. You need to wait until the shuttle bus is full before they will go to the Airport.

When we got off the NCL Jewel last October, we grabbed a taxi. We didn't go to the Airport, (we had driven, and left our car at a hotel). We did self walk off, and we were in our car leaving the hotel by 8:00AM. We are on the Dawn repo this November, and our flight is shortly after 11:00AM, and plan to walk off, and just grab a cab to the NO Airport. Not sure what the cost is, but it is the quickest way.

The airport is about 30 mins from the port depending on traffic. There is a bit of a bottleneck coming out of the port even if you have a car coming for you. Since there is a flat rate to the airport, you can walk off with your bags, find yourself a porter to help you by-pass the lines and let them know you want a taxi. I had one call a buddy and we got right in. You should have no problems meeting that flight. Enjoy your trip!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app