Helen Q&A

Don't know what everyone thinks but for the past couple of years we've done the Q&A haven't we with Fraser in November. I think the first one was really good, but the one last year I think we were all a bit disappointed with very standard responses and questions not being answered.

However, now that the new MD Helen is now in control, do we fancy doing another one with her? See what the new MD's take on the business in, future of UK cruises, what sort of plans and directions she has, what she believes is important etc.

Anyway, thought I would mention it and see what people thought then if we were interested someone at Thomson could take note and see if anything could be planned.

What are people's thoughts?

Edited by Sailaway487

I would definitely be very interested to hear her 'take' on Thomson. I have been disappointed with some of the changes of late and would welcome the opportunity to discover what Helen's vision of future developments are. Hopefully they will provide some reassurances.

Our first six cruises were with Thomsons, we did every ship.

Post Majesty's fatal lifeboat drill I'm not sure we'd want to cruise with Thomsons again. That drill would appear to be have been lacking in professional oversight.

On the contrary I should say. I believe something like that would concentrate their mind. Someone on the Spirit who had worked in something to do with ship safety, said he had had a look a the lifeboats and they were all in good condition.

With the autumn 2013 launch of the Thomson facebook page I would not be surprised if there was no Q and A on this site this year. You can ask and hope.

Hi Gareth. Its disappointing to hear this. Can I ask if you have raised your concerns with our After Travel Team since you returned? ^Grez

count me in...would like to see the new MD in here

i agree now they have their facebook thing.... I think that if there is gonna be a Q&A then thats where they would do it...under controlled (cut n paste) conditions

Ha! Quote worked this time!

Well if they do, I'm relying on you to feed back any interesting/controversial/exciting news. Or any news at all come to that! ;) For dinosaurs like me who still refuse to go on FB I hope you'll all keep us informed! :D

you can read their facebook page kruz its open to all....you dont need to be a member...only if you want to post a comment

https://www.facebook.com/ThomsonCruises?fref=ts

(probly get banned now for putting that link there)

Ok Geo - got it - you can take it down now if you can. ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

Don't worry kruzze your not alone :), I don't want a Facebook account either much prefer this forum

but fair play to them who do like FB .

Lets hope the Q@A does come to these pages as I loved reading them on here :cool:

maybe? just maybe they may remember us and pop in for a chat (just for old times sake)....hope so:cool:

after all...we were here long before facebook and will probably be still here long after it too:cool:

thoms will learn soon enough (like many others have) that facebook is a bubble...not a reflection of honest reality...and definitely not quite the big customer feedback/gold dust tool that they were hoping it would be;)

Now, I have been here for no time at all compared to a lot of you, but what I have noticed is the complete lack of comments from Thomson's. In fact, it is almost a snub from them.

Many great points are discussed on here from people who are very loyal to this brand with no acknowledgment at all.

If I had to take a guess, I would say Thomson's care very little for us, our views or this forum!

they used to come in here from time to time (before facebook time) we were generally pretty sportive of them....even the top boss man came in here a couple of times:cool:

nowadays they are too busy fielding comments on their cruises facebook page...their thomsons holidays page is an utter car crash!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't think this new one is quite so customer friendly, Sailaway.;):)

In my opinion it has nothing to do with friendliness but the simple fact that there is more and more social media and Thomson have their own Facebook page that experiences more traffic than this site. Whilst a good number of us have good or even extensive knowledge of the Thomson product, the numbers on here for such a Q and A do not justify it particularly when most on here will want to ask questions that will not be answered eg new ships,new ports etc.Thomson Cruises is not going to release or discuss its future thoughts and plans on here. Most of the trivial q and a questions eg safe prices,is it open dining etc etc have been covered many times before so why come on here and answer them again.The previous two q and a sessions have covered most of what can be answered and debatable topics such as loyalty schemes are no doubt under supervision of the comments made on this forum and other sites.

For those reasons I would be shocked if there was ever to be one in at least in the same format as the first two.

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist