Star Princess to Hawaii @ Christmas

rayandshirl

Is a port or starboard balcony the one you'd choose? Does it really make a difference?

Thanks!:)

Aloha,

It all depends on if you plan to be on the balcony for sail ins and out. (IMHO) Since we have done this run quite a bit, if you can tell me what order the islands are on this cruise, I can advise you which side is usually providing the best views.

Aloha No,

Dave

(Of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Is a port or starboard balcony the one you'd choose? Does it really make a difference?

Thanks!:)

It may make a difference if you prefer to see sunrises or sunsets from your cabin.

Sunsets at sea are very special to me, and we are doing a round trip out of San Francisco (going south). I chose the port side for this cruise because I knew that we would be taking about two days going south, and have four days going north, so I would see more sunsets if I was on the port side.

This is one way to help choose which side of the ship you might want to be on.

Port side it is. Thank you all for your information. I really appreciate it.

Sorry... I may have led you astray..... I was talking about a California Coastal I am doing. I may have implied that I am doing a round trip to Hawaii, which is not correct. I was trying to give an example of a factor (Sunsets) to consider!

Aloha,

It all depends on if you plan to be on the balcony for sail ins and out. (IMHO) Since we have done this run quite a bit, if you can tell me what order the islands are on this cruise, I can advise you which side is usually providing the best views.

Aloha No,

Dave

(Of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Not on this specific cruise, but am doing the RT from San Francisco in March, 2015. The islands in order of visit are Hilo, Honolulu, Kauai, and lastly, Maui.

Thanks for your input.

Pooh

OK, you have to remember that in addition to heading west, you are also heading south toward the islands. So on the way there, you're more likely to catch sunsets on the starboard side, and on the way back, on the port side :)